Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knotten

Practically Family
A '40s Pilgrim today. A cheap hat in its day, but it has held up well.

1f30b9f5fef25b06c2f79a9190df139d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Thank you Cristina, you are too kind. Blurry, badly lit indoors pictures do a great job at hiding how tired I actually look :) You look great in your big hat as ever! Did you sew the three hats onto your top or are they brooches?
Thank you Celia! They are 3d printed plastic, a brooch backing glued after printing.

Attachments

• hatsoffrosa.jpg
    hatsoffrosa.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 81
Same hat again, and beautiful blouse by Spanish designer (and friend as it happens) Paco Peralta. For those handy with a sewing machine, Vogue patterns sells the pattern: https://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1526
4ace76910c0199bad0ad7837b396b005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting collar design. I love that hat, it is so "in your face" styling. It makes a statement with every ensemble.

40Cal

One Too Many
Robert -- can you detail your "scrubbing" technique? Naptha, water, sponges, wire brushes, etc? Perhaps another thread would be better.
Bob, There's a dedicated thread for cleaning with Naptha. Lots of info there. My technique was derived from what I read others did.
What I do: Plastic bucket filled with a gallon of white gas ( Naptha, Coleman camp fuel) Submerge hat. Agitate every half hour for about two hours. If the hat has stains, scrub with a toothbrush. Most will come out. Remove from bath and let sun dry for a few hours. Always wear gloves and work in a well ventilated area. Keep away from flame...etc.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments on my Pilgrim. I found this old newspaper ad from 1947 that might be my hat. It has the too-perfect bash that would indicate it was pre-blocked, as the ad says. I steamed the pinches closer to match my personal preference. Not a bad hat for $2.89.

View attachment 69360

But they only made up to a 7-1/2... pinheads!!

RJR

Sunny and mellow day
280tlbp.jpg

Borsalino Trionfo sold in Sorrento - Italy some years ago
149mdck.jpg

Slightly used. I bought convincted it was tootight, it is a tad wide. Borsalino sizes are always a puzzle!
15ryv5d.jpg

Felt medium weight.
5vbodd.jpg

Color is "Noce" Fazarsca 39. It seems made during the fifties.
eplvh4.jpg

This is the interior with the embossed leather
j6r5z7.jpg

Buon Giovedì a tutti!
Thanks for the likes on yesterday "Tanaro" youngest brother of today Borsalino
Good looking,Daniele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member