Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I like this one Moe. It has a very interesting shape and ribbon. How old do we think it is? What does it look like on the inside?
Thanks Red!
According to the Professor, the Tiger Special line was sold between 1905 and 1921. The closest I can get in that range is from the manufactuer's stamp on the back of the sweat, which I know was being advertised in The American Hatter in 1915. Alan, who also has a Tiger Special, thinks mine is later in the range. So, I'll say 1915 to 1921.
The hat was in poor shape when I got it, I had to stitch the unreeded sweat back in the best I could. There was no liner. The Keith Bros. thread has pics showing the stamp on the back of the sweat and the factory sticker. I was told by a Lounger that the bow style (big messy bow almost at the back) was popular for just a year or two, but he couldn't remember the year(s).

Thanks Red!
According to the Professor, the Tiger Special line was sold between 1905 and 1921. The closest I can get in that range is from the manufactuer's stamp on the back of the sweat, which I know was being advertised in The American Hatter in 1915. Alan, who also has a Tiger Special, thinks mine is later in the range. So, I'll say 1915 to 1921.
The hat was in poor shape when I got it, I had to stitch the unreeded sweat back in the best I could. There was no liner. The Keith Bros. thread has pics showing the stamp on the back of the sweat and the factory sticker. I was told by a Lounger that the bow style (big messy bow almost at the back) was popular for just a year or two, but he couldn't remember the year(s).
That is cool! I noticed the different location of the bow, thought it was a back bow at first. The shape of the brim is of interest as it looks a little like the model for my "Olcott" hat. The photo I used was dated around 1912 or 1913. The bow on that hat is kind of big and floppy, but on the side. I should look through my American Hatter again.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
That is cool! I noticed the different location of the bow, thought it was a back bow at first. The shape of the brim is of interest as it looks a little like the model for my "Olcott" hat. The photo I used was dated around 1912 or 1913. The bow on that hat is kind of big and floppy, but on the side. I should look through my American Hatter again.
The ribbon and bow on it now are my work, trying to retain the flavor of the original, which was rotted and fell apart when I took it off to re-stitch the sweat. I only got a couple of lousy pics of the original (posted in the Keith Bros. thread) to work from. I think the original was about 1/4" wider. It is a pretty unique looking lid!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Two hat day.

Panama, Panama Jack, to the beach with the kids !!!

0089c2568f8c63615720aa3e1727141a.jpg
2dfc90c65cde2cfbaa3f77bb2d5813d1.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Cristina. Your hats today are definitely in the brilliant wearable art category. They certainly brightened up your neighborhood.

Michael
You can always order your own Michael !!! I bet Kuki will be happy to help !!! The snake one will work well with those 3 piece suits of yours !!! [emoji23] [emoji23]

I wish I can do the same with your jackets and trenchcoats !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24