Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lucky man, J. The hat, the rhino, (hippo?) the goat; ALL topped by that great hug. I miss those days.

Heck I'll give you a hug Charlie!

Everyone looks great this Sunday afternoon. Some nice lids on display, too.

Wore my Stetson 4X conversion again today...
The_Stetson_4_X_1_RC.jpg

Before I converted it: (This is a picture that moon sent to me of the hat before he gave it to me. Check out those hat boxes! I'd love to go through that closet!)
Stetson_4_X_Cowboy_2.jpg

After the conversion: (Bow work is not mine. I scavenged the ribbon and bow off of a modern Premier Whippet)...
The_Stetson_4_X_15.jpg
The_Stetson_4_X_16.jpg

The_Stetson_4_X_14.jpg

I vote Terry as absolute best amateur ribbon work!

"Baching it" this weekend with my son while the boss waits for our next grandson with a daughter in NYC provided some excellent bonding time. Not (yet) a hat guy, he fits this new 1956 Stetson "Satellite" fairly well. Maybe a touch of shimming in the back will be needed if he never gains any additional poundage. Or, I could simply find a hat that fits him. Living in NYC now, he's just beginning to open up to the idea that people wouldn't identify him with me in the city, so maybe...

DSC09524a.jpg

NEVER did I look so good in a hat as he. Nor anything else, actually. He's over 6'-6", so it's not like he needs to attract more ladies...

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Thank you Cristina. Your hats today are definitely in the brilliant wearable art category. They certainly brightened up your neighborhood.

Michael
Thank You Michael, it was fun and people really went over the top with their creations. I prefer the elegant sort, but must admit the wacky have some charm!

Wow Christina! Two very stunning hats (?) I love it!!!
Thanks Red, I only made mine and the on of the fella kissing me. A lot of hand made, crafty hats, some good quality hats too, and event for everyone!

Día divertido Kuki !!! [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Gracias Rodolfo, ha sido un día muy divertido a pesar del frío y la lluvia al principio. Lo he pasado genial.

Cristina, it looks like a great time was had by all. What fun. Is that a hand painted creation atop your head? A lovely piece of hat art in any case.

Michael
A great time was had!! The fabric is sold with the print, I was wearing trousers custom made of the same fabric, must post a proper picture of the ensamble soon!

Absolutely STUPENDOUS, and even more FASCINATING, Christina! Wonderful headwear on everybody!
Looks to have been a COLLOSAL EXTRAVAGANZA, unparalleled by any other for the last several decades, at least!! Congrats!!!!!
It would have been even collosal-er if it hadn't rained in the beginning, but still I'm pretty impressed with the attendance and with the imagination and love people put into their hats.

That is not fair....women get to wear on the fun hats and we are stuck with the drab old fedoras!
That is A FACT. It couldn't be all advantages for you guys!

Outstanding! Wish I was there.
You would have loved it Bill!

Everyone looks great this Sunday afternoon. Some nice lids on display, too.
Wore my Stetson 4X conversion again today...
The_Stetson_4_X_1_RC.jpg

Before I converted it: (This is a picture that moon sent to me of the hat before he gave it to me. Check out those hat boxes! I'd love to go through that closet!)
Stetson_4_X_Cowboy_2.jpg

After the conversion: (Bow work is not mine. I scavenged the ribbon and bow off of a modern Premier Whippet)...
The_Stetson_4_X_15.jpg
The_Stetson_4_X_16.jpg

The_Stetson_4_X_14.jpg
Amazing transformation @T Jones I doesn't cease to amaze me the versatility of felt and how it can be transformed without leaving hints of its previous life. Great job!

Good show, Cristina! The hat stroll looks like big fun! I've been thinking about you lately and missing your posts. Obviously, you were a busy, busy, bee!

Congratulations, and nice hat!!
Thank you Fruno, busy bee I have been, thank you for missing me!!

Wonderful pictures!
Thanks Rogera, not the best of pictures but what I had in hand from selfies on my iphone. I will share more pics on the events thread soon.

Grande stravaganza nella primavera catalana!
Stupendo!
Grazie caro!!

What a treat! So happy that the event was a success! I wonder if it would ever work here in the USA?
Thank you Red... turns out our event was inspired by NY's Easter Parade... so yes, it does work on the USA ;-)
But the truth is our event is not easter related, so I wonder if a hat stroll just for the sake of it would work, I would say yes... start small and grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland