Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Velour on Memorial Day? If it's this nice lightweight-ish (115g) Borsalino Colombo, than why not?

a23a902810f5847e5648fdd87134c04c.jpg
57cae8816f46394769447af39fc01ffd.jpg
c3ee21681441011aa755865cc5f8eff2.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
If you do any reflecting back on this Memorial Day keep a thought & prayer for all the Gold Star mothers & grandmothers, for what they lost & never recovered from.

IMG_1212.jpg
See Jack, thats my problem with millennial cry babies, older generations really had their share of blood and tears and continued with their lives, nowadays everyone gets offended so easily.

I remember a friend of mine saying "safe spaces? My only safe space was behind my .50 Cal machine gun in Korea, and I was 19 years old"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Optimo Dearborn in Silverbelly. Probably my favorite hat.

This is my fav hat you have showcased on this thread. Excellent dimensions for you. Pairs well with the shirt.

and i took some hat stiffener to the brim of my Panama Hats Direct fino fino. Liking the results. Top row is pre-stiffener, bottom row is post...

Hey it gave you a smile in addition. What is not to like? Thanks for sharing the positive results of stiffener.

Wearing my latest conversion this nice afternoon. Bradford Westerner 7X Quality, '50s era. If you can't afford to buy a vintage Stratoliner, convert a hat and make a clone! The felt on this hat is phenomenal. I used a different block on this one to get closer to a Strat open crown shape. It's the same block I used on the black Resistol. I scavenged the 3/8 thin ribbon and bow off of another Bradford. The other Bradford also had a windcord I wanted to use but because I sized up the hat it was too small. I was also going to try and scavange the brim binding from the other Bradford but it was for a 2 5/8 and the brim width on this conversion is 2 3/4. Had to go with a raw edge brim. I'll post more pictures later in the Conversion Corral...also wearing some new prescription sunglasses by Oakley.
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_7a.jpg

Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_5.jpg
Great work TJ.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Wearing my latest conversion this nice afternoon. Bradford Westerner 7X Quality, '50s era. If you can't afford to buy a vintage Stratoliner, convert a hat and make a clone! The felt on this hat is phenomenal. I used a different block on this one to get closer to a Strat open crown shape. It's the same block I used on the black Resistol. I scavenged the 3/8 thin ribbon and bow off of another Bradford. The other Bradford also had a windcord I wanted to use but because I sized up the hat it was too small. I was also going to try and scavange the brim binding from the other Bradford but it was for a 2 5/8 and the brim width on this conversion is 2 3/4. Had to go with a raw edge brim. I'll post more pictures later in the Conversion Corral...also wearing some new prescription sunglasses by Oakley.
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_7a.jpg

Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_5.jpg
Really nice work.

See Jack, thats my problem with millennial cry babies, older generations really had their share of blood and tears and continued with their lives, nowadays everyone gets offended so easily.

I remember a friend of mine saying "safe spaces? My only safe space was behind my .50 Cal machine gun in Korea, and I was 19 years old"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
After all these yrs it never gets easier, Chamuco. I'm always glad to see May go away for another yr.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hey everybody, been awhile. All ye lookin' smashing!

Been wearing a lot of hats but haven't visited the forum lately. I took my optimo with me to New Haven to see my little sister receive her 7th degree (I believe the third one from Yale) . She insisted we take a trip to Delmonico Hatters. I didn't purchase anything but had a really wonderful time talking with Lloyd!

7ae6ca5e367fd4b3e6e6cbe06b752303.jpg

abd686c27f9086dd30135101d7b87831.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner