Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out for breakfast with family in town. A Gannon (silver belly) will accompany us.

i-Gv3JSpG-M.jpg

i-MFnmnf9-M.jpg

Wind cord may be used later as the winds are picking up. Enjoy breakfast folks. Eric -
You're shooting some great pictures with some of your great hats lately, Eric.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
There is yellow in it, but to my eye it's mostly an creamy off whiteSCN3172
I don't know, I just can't tell anymore. Ha ha. The shirt is a Tori Richard cotton lawn model and although they have been making menswear since the 70s I don't think this one is vintage. Fantastic fly weight shirts. As a side note, I think they were the company that lobbied to get Aloha Friday made official in Hawaii.Michael

Michael, I appreciate you posts of late. You keep the sartorial Fedora Forum alive with your style.

We made it back home this afternoon. Took our time, stopped at a few outlet stores... but only bought new socks.

I had my NW Hats Silverbelly with the Old Copper ribbon today, and MrsFed wore the Cuenca straw again. Nice, warm weather the last couple days.

Sir, you have accumulated a grand hat selection to have at the ready on your hat rack. Your shared family pics I have truly enjoyed this past month.

Gorgeous day at the Devon Horse Show. Perfect trial run for the Optimo Milan. Happy Memorial Day.
Thanks for the comments on my pics. The compliment goes back yo you. Your pics add a class to my day. I smile when I see your posts. Your recent horse showing contribution is just plain GRAND! Looks like an excellent day was enjoyed m=by many! Thanks for sharing.

After a lot of gray wet days the wife and I had been able to enjoy some sun in the newly acquired vintage Dobbs. :) View attachment 75574 View attachment 75575

Lovely pics of you(hatted) and your family of late.

Borsalino Classico from JJ Hat Center...

K-Dog; Wow! You are never one to disappoint with your classy lids, pics and styl'n attire. best to you and your family.

Well after an unseasonable 80 degrees, normal service and its Irish summer resume, something a bit more sturdy required, a damp sterkowski rabbit:

Karl; I enjoy your pics. Both for the styl'n hats presented, but for the glimpse into your neighborhood that is different from my neighborhood. Best to you and family, Eric -

View attachment 75588
Northwest Hats in whiskey today.
Darn sir if you are not one of the most polite on the forum. Inevitably you drop a positive comment on nearly every post. I admire your integrity and efforts. Fine hats of late. Your VS acquisition looks mighty grand. Best, Eric -

If you do any reflecting back on this Memorial Day keep a thought & prayer for all the Gold Star mothers & grandmothers, for what they lost & never recovered from.

IMG_1212.jpg

H-Jack; I smile when I see your posts. Thanks for sharing your neighborhood, beverages, fine dog companion and of course hats. I give thanks for having an opportunity to share this forum with folks like you. Best, Eric -

Akubra Camp Draft

ii8iI8uh.jpg

You are the styl'n family man. I am schooled most days by your posts to what may be in the fashion eyes. I enjoy and will continue to enjoy being schooled. Eric -

View attachment 75592 View attachment 75593 Have to head into the office today. An Adventurebilt Raiders Beaver will be my companion.

Office! You rock. I am notorious for continuing a relentless schedule, but today - no. Grand hat.

Recent production Stetson "Stetsonian." Royal DeLuxe Quality.
Bob, I do not take the opportunity frequently enough to say - great hat pics shared. So today I will attempt to make-up - great hat pics shared. Thanks, Eric -

You're shooting some great pictures with some of your great hats lately, Eric.
Thanks sir. The last many months have been fast and furious. Stressfull and yet enjoyable times have pulled the amount of quality time I have to share on this forum. I will work hard to share more quality showcases of the hats we enjoy.

To the many whom I have missed, thanks of late for your thoughtful and enjoyable shares of the hats you enjoy. Additionally, thanks for sharing snippets of your life adventures. I continue to enjoy the posts.

Eric -

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Michael, I appreciate you posts of late. You keep the sartorial Fedora Forum alive with your style.

Sir, you have accumulated a grand hat selection to have at the ready on your hat rack. Your shared family pics I have truly enjoyed this past month.

Thanks for the comments on my pics. The compliment goes back yo you. Your pics add a class to my day. I smile when I see your posts. Your recent horse showing contribution is just plain GRAND! Looks like an excellent day was enjoyed m=by many! Thanks for sharing.

Lovely pics of you(hatted) and your family of late.

K-Dog; Wow! You are never one to disappoint with your classy lids, pics and styl'n attire. best to you and your family.

Karl; I enjoy your pics. Both for the styl'n hats presented, but for the glimpse into your neighborhood that is different from my neighborhood. Best to you and family, Eric -

Darn sir if you are not one of the most polite on the forum. Inevitably you drop a positive comment on nearly every post. I admire your integrity and efforts. Fine hats of late. Your VS acquisition looks mighty grand. Best, Eric -

H-Jack; I smile when I see your posts. Thanks for sharing your neighborhood, beverages, fine dog companion and of course hats. I give thanks for having an opportunity to share this forum with folks like you. Best, Eric -

You are the styl'n family man. I am schooled most days by your posts to what may be in the fashion eyes. I enjoy and will continue to enjoy being schooled. Eric -

Office! You rock. I am notorious for continuing a relentless schedule, but today - no. Grand hat.

Bob, I do not take the opportunity frequently enough to say - great hat pics shared. So today I will attempt to make-up - great hat pics shared. Thanks, Eric -

Thanks sir. The last many months have been fast and furious. Stressfull and yet enjoyable times have pulled the amount of quality time I have to share on this forum. I will work hard to share more quality showcases of the hats we enjoy.

To the many whom I have missed, thanks of late for your thoughtful and enjoyable shares of the hats you enjoy. Additionally, thanks for sharing snippets of your life adventures. I continue to enjoy the posts.

Eric -
Thank you Eric. I enjoy seeing yours as well. It's always a pleasure.
Ps. A simple "Like" will always suffice. :)

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Thank you. Got mine from the Hatco Outlet for a mere $90.
Ps. They are no longer in production so If you can find one grab it.
Wow, that is a fantastic price! I was finding them for about $200-$225 and having a hard time justifying the purchase. Was yours open crown and you blocked it yourself or did the Outlet already have it shaped? Sorry for the 20 questions but I may just call the outlet and see if they have any more and have it shipped.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my latest conversion this nice afternoon. Bradford Westerner 7X Quality, '50s era. If you can't afford to buy a vintage Stratoliner, convert a hat and make a clone! The felt on this hat is phenomenal. I used a different block on this one to get closer to a Strat open crown shape. It's the same block I used on the black Resistol. I scavenged the 3/8 thin ribbon and bow off of another Bradford. The other Bradford also had a windcord I wanted to use but because I sized up the hat it was too small. I was also going to try and scavange the brim binding from the other Bradford but it was for a 2 5/8 and the brim width on this conversion is 2 3/4. Had to go with a raw edge brim. I'll post more pictures later in the Conversion Corral...also wearing some new prescription sunglasses by Oakley.
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_7a.jpg

Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_5.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that is a fantastic price! I was finding them for about $200-$225 and having a hard time justifying the purchase. Was yours open crown and you blocked it yourself or did the Outlet already have it shaped? Sorry for the 20 questions but I may just call the outlet and see if they have any more and have it shipped.
They come open crown so I creased it myself. Mine was from the Texas outlet. They also have another outlet in an other state somewhere. They can give you the number.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
They come open crown so I creased it myself. Mine was from the Texas outlet. They also have another outlet in an other state somewhere. They can give you the number.
Thank you for the tip I will call the Texas store tomorrow. I truly appreciate it. Great job on the crease it looks great. I have never fully shaped a hat from start to finish and at $90 I think I would be willing to give it a shot instead of $225.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner