Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IMG_20170722_200855.jpg
I did a little hiking today on Mt. Mitchell and wore my old L.L. Bean "Moose River" hat. It's not that pretty any more, but it serves its  purpose well.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Major General of the Mushroom Expeditionary Forces! I salute you.
More like a minor satrap.

Good luck.
Thanks Bob. Since this was an official club foray we were more interested in finding, identifying and recording the largest number of species, with edibles hunting taking second place. That said I did find a handful of Chanterelles, some jellies, tree ears and one nice choice Russula. It was fun, but wet and muggy beyond belief. The waxed pants and rubber wellies were definitely the right choice for the conditions. As was the sun helmet.

Taking off for a family vacation in Victoria BC for a week. I'm only allowed space in the vehicle for two hats. Since the weather in BC will be felt friendly, one choice is the Slats Playboy clone (can't seem to stop wearing it...) and my NW Hats custom Panama. These two hats should serve me well for 10 days away from the home base collection. I'll only be checking in on the lounge in the evenings at the hotel. You folks behave yourselves!
View attachment 79942 View attachment 79943 View attachment 79944 View attachment 79945
Good choice of hats for the trip Red. Enjoy the vacation.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo