Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willebe

A-List Customer
And then you have to eat this...

55019abf9672b5165b1c3a86d5fa562d.jpg
15a180e9bb8dbb1542b622a62adbf786.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I'm in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gotta take a trip to your ranch...Love Charolais cattle

Ain't no ranch, Chamuco. Just trying to make a little money. We'll be selling a few in a couple of months to pay some bills, & maybe have some $ left to put back towards next yr. The way taxes are you can't really make a lot of money, you just accumulate some assets that on paper help you borrow $. Your tax laws may be different but you're a business man. I'm sure you know how the game is played.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Ain't no ranch, Chamuco. Just trying to make a little money. We'll be selling a few in a couple of months to pay some bills, & maybe have some $ left to put back towards next yr. The way taxes are you can't really make a lot of money, you just accumulate some assets that on paper help you borrow $. Your tax laws may be different but you're a business man. I'm sure you know how the game is played.
Yes I know, and it gets harder day by day, seems that most governments want to take a bigger bite of the cake.

I don't know but this is not the way to build strong economies.

Anyway, will go to a farm, the important thing is to have some cold ones and some nice talk.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Wore my new Stetson De-Luxe Stratoliner. The single most expensive thing I've ever purchased in my life, at $245. Stunning hat, with an open crown. It's gonna be my new everyday hat, as I'm retiring my 1940s Lee Fedora. Wore my Stetson yesterday when I dressed in 40s vintage with my cousin and did a photoshoot in NYC. View attachment 82704 View attachment 82705
Nice hat !!! Good investment !!

Samuel

Practically Family
Wore my new Stetson De-Luxe Stratoliner. The single most expensive thing I've ever purchased in my life, at $245. Stunning hat, with an open crown. It's gonna be my new everyday hat, as I'm retiring my 1940s Lee Fedora. Wore my Stetson yesterday when I dressed in 40s vintage with my cousin and did a photoshoot in NYC. View attachment 82704 View attachment 82705
Super nice hat and the sienna colorization adds a touch of vintage to your look.

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
Super nice hat and the sienna colorization adds a touch of vintage to your look.
Thank you! I was going for the "old photo found in grandpa's album" look. Lots of family photos taken round the back of my house where the ivy grows. And I thought the Chrysler beauty salon sign in the subway was an equally awesome background for my cousin, cause you can BET it doesn't exist anymore. I designed her hat, by the way. We had a great day

Just grab and go today, fellas. MrsFed's beloved father passed away during the night. We started getting messages from Ecuador about 4 a.m. pacific time. All good thoughts and prayers are welcome. Looks like she'll be heading out on a flight tonight and I'll be here covering the bases at home.

Hug your loved ones. You just never know when...

i-xvF9LSv-XL.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. Give Sandra our love and we will be praying for comfort for her and the family. My heart is heavy for all of you.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Stay strong for her Doug, this is going to be tough.
She was pretty much inconsolable for a few hours there. I had to close the windows up so the neighbors wouldn't think I was beating her. It was awful.

She's off to Ecuador now. We had a nice dinner there at the airport before her plane was scheduled to go. Last pic before she headed through the security checkpoint.

i-3GdPWsZ-L.jpg

She was pretty much inconsolable for a few hours there. I had to close the windows up so the neighbors wouldn't think I was beating her. It was awful.

She's off to Ecuador now. We had a nice dinner there at the airport before her plane was scheduled to go. Last pic before she headed through the security checkpoint.

i-3GdPWsZ-L.jpg

My condolences. Our thoughts are with you.

msoliday

One of the Regulars
nice hat
what tells you it is early 50s?
just curious

I was thinking late '50s when I first picked it up, but was told by my hatter that based on the logo it's probably '52-'53 at the latest. Here's a look inside and also the original sales receipt that can with it in the box. Would love to learn more if anyone has any information!

5ffaae0eaa26dbd1ca9e079693e975f3.jpg
86337346998b81207464fec65b55c0e1.jpg
3b285279825ab7a2504e6c5c8b79ebf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner