Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
Marathon man; hey it's only Friday!

IMG_6102.JPG

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael A , looks light, cool, and sharp. Checking all the boxes with that one. The OR is also extremely nice

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks Justin. Your Dalton velour today was magnificent.

Two nice hats and I've been admiring your garden.
Thanks Samuel. Do you mean my used to be garden? Now dominated by hog nut and poison ivy. You keep pulling out the great hats.

Classic deuce, Michael! I'd be tempted with that OR, too! I thought of you today when I found a new antique shop in town... with 2 stories of cool stuff. The only hat I would have been tempted to buy, had it been in my size, was a moth-bitten 50's OR clone in size 7. Nice felt, no liner and no indication it ever had a liner. Cool hat. It would make a great beater. They didn't have a price on it... There was a western straw that was size 7-1/2. At first I thought... is that parabuntal? No, just a no-name toasted shantung paper straw. I might have even bought that but the front brim was not to my liking and the paper straw looked to fragile to change it up.
Thanks Doug. I need to widen my horizons and hit a couple of antique stores in a couple of small towns not far from here. They are always hit and miss, but almost always there is something interesting to look at, if not a hat.

Here's my afternoon entry on Fawcett Friday: a favorite Vintage Silhouettes dress weight beaver felt fedora in Silvermist with matching brim binding, and a dark burgundy ribbon with highlights in navy and silvermist.

i-vxj5XLQ-M.jpg
i-bQkXRH6-M.jpg

i-B9KwWrQ-XL.jpg

That VS might still be my favorite of your hats.

Perfect for the equinox, mix straw and felt.
Thanks Richard. I actually went from straw to felt to an open weave flat cap to hatless today as it climbed to a record tying 94 degrees with a heat index of 102 or so. That was a great blue Borsalino you had out and about today.

Sorry if I missed any comments, the heat is impairing my brain function

Thanks all,
Michael

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Killer lid, Justin!

Are you starting to drink warm beer? That's a danger sign, you know... about becoming British!

Love that hat, Jeremy. And nice suit and tie, BTW!

Ha! Great look! Wonderful hat, too.

Looks like a great old Pilgrim to me.

I love it. Seriously, one of my favorites from your collection.

A classic beauty, Rick.

Looking great on both counts, Bob!

I love your western hats, Joao. That is a stand out!
Thank you very much Doug!! :)

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Here's my afternoon entry on Fawcett Friday: a favorite Vintage Silhouettes dress weight beaver felt fedora in Silvermist with matching brim binding, and a dark burgundy ribbon with highlights in navy and silvermist.

i-vxj5XLQ-M.jpg
i-bQkXRH6-M.jpg

i-B9KwWrQ-XL.jpg

One of my personal favorites of yours Doug! I love this hat. You are looking great my friend

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Marathon.

428c3f282a2ddf2491bdc02db896289c.jpg

f61fda1743f7aeb1915d0af9a27cbe5f.jpg

Yesterday, I took the day off coinciding with a beautiful fluffy cloud day. I flew south to the coast to Goodwood Aerodrome which has 2 x dual seat spitfires, P-51D Mustang and T-6 Texan for flight experiences. A Spitfire started up and took off and I was behind a Spitfire when landing. Drool drool.

Goodwood is amazing, there is a race circuit around the airfield which is very 40's architecture. Every year, they have the Goodwood Revival where people are encouraged (and many do) to dress as 1930's-1960's. If you google for shots, you will see some of the attires. I told my wife we are going to move down there.

https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-events/goodwood-revival/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner