Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Wookie?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
That would certainly make for more interesting discussions at parties. And SF conventions.

Awesome! You lead a charmed hat life Michael.
Not particularly charmed lately. The Goodwill Halloween has been a near total dud.

Well, hell! Nice snag.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim. It has a few issues, but I'm not really complaining. I think it will clean up pretty well.

Thanks all,
Michael

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'm surprised at all the sunny days, but I'll take 'em!
Halloween party at church tonight. Maybe I'll just go as a wannabe cow poke in this Justin 4X. Somehow I don't think they'd appreciate the custom 45 revolver, hehehe...

i-cWSbMq7-M.jpg
i-cMcLKZD-M.jpg

i-SPsTMtX-M.jpg
i-qtXNH9Q-M.jpg

i-44kSMHQ-L.jpg

Doug is that a Blackhawk ? Or Vaquero ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Kudos to Moe for spelling it correctly. Wookiee fur is generally more "wooly" so I doubt it's a possibility, but I've never seen it shorn so short so it's visual appearance could be deceptive. Regardless, unless there's actually a hide attached to it it's probably polyester or rayon. :p
There is actual hide that it is attached to. And the label says Real Fur, albeit in Swedish.

Good to hear the Wookiee fur seems unlikely. I much prefer the Ewok theory.

Michael

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As Robert mentioned, the first day of real cold here in Iowa. Even a bit of white stuff wandering down. Since I have to deliver dvds to the library and I'm thinking bicycling I went with the fur cap again.
DSCN5997 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5996 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It will definitely be ear flaps down for the journey. And I need to find gloves, and maybe a scarf, possibly a sweater. Ha ha.
10-27-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
On the other hand, maybe the Woolrich gear will do it.

Have a great day,
Michael
Go Go Go Michael! The hat! Mink? The boots... Tell me about the boots and the Woolrich gear. Totally Killer!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Doug is that a Blackhawk ? Or Vaquero ?
It's a Montado, which is a short barreled, 3-3/4", New Vaquero made especially for the mounted SASS shooters... although I had the birdshead grip added as part of the custom work done by Alan Harton in Houston. I had Alan do up a 32 caliber "Vaquerito" in similar fashion for my daughter so we have twin custom revolvers. Hers was featured in the Max Prasac book, Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers: The Definitive History, pages 28 and 29. Mine is slated to be included in John Taffin's new book, The Book of The 45... if it ever gets to the publisher!

Bottom of this page has better pictures:
http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/8600/hi-jack-thread?page=787

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats