Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Silhouettes Max

X7QEfRqh.jpg
w858t6Wh.jpg
vjQWcUAh.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I never thought I would be a western kind guy since I grew up wearing hats and boots and couldn’t get away fast enough. Now I’m enjoying the couple I have.
This one is from Catalina Hatters in Bryan TX.
5ceef4c3d5fdab9d20b99960a25bac59.jpg
247a6ba078340bb2640d6a4e5bfc6174.jpg
08e8c82eb2efc7c92fe6db6acad3e2bc.jpg
a6aefd262dce84f5df4237bf26693d56.jpg

I probably won’t post tomorrow so all you vets out there have a great Veterans Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice hat in a beautiful color! You wear it well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Vita-Felt Stetsonian on this lovely Friday morning.

It was made in 1946, the same year my dad was born. So, in celebration of my dear, old dad, I'm also wearing the jacket he painted for me back when I was teenage Dead freak.
f79dd371e10adab5abacea2b782f31ab.jpg
aacfc29701f7de184727daa73718ec4a.jpg
cfce64a048a09903ddef58c2623565aa.jpg
6154384dfe4c18bc83b08afafc3ebbd5.jpg
b40e9dede0b9c6288edb428ae655d045.jpg
683d1f622e74c027fd6767bb6b706407.jpg

The nostalgia reminds me that "All the years combine. They melt into a dream..."

A very special tribute, Matt. Incredible hat, and the jacket: wow, what a wonderful thing to have; made by Dad. Perfect.

Today I chose the customized Moonstone Fed:

View attachment 92896 View attachment 92897

It looks almost silver in these photos. I had Henry the Hatter in Detroit change the ribbon to a narrower silver gray and trim the brim.
Excellent custom work. The hat looks fantastic.

I never thought I would be a western kind guy since I grew up wearing hats and boots and couldn’t get away fast enough. Now I’m enjoying the couple I have.
5ceef4c3d5fdab9d20b99960a25bac59.jpg
247a6ba078340bb2640d6a4e5bfc6174.jpg
08e8c82eb2efc7c92fe6db6acad3e2bc.jpg
a6aefd262dce84f5df4237bf26693d56.jpg

I probably won’t post tomorrow so all you vets out there have a great Veterans Day
You wear that western very well!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
. . .

Excellent custom work. The hat looks fantastic. . . .
That one has had more adventures than a hat should have. First it came to me from Australia. Then, when I sent it in, Henry the Hatter's brim guy trimmed off too much! I'd told them 2.5" front and back, but they trimmed it to 2.25". Took me a while to get used to it. Finally, one day I was down at Meyer the Hatter, and happened to mention that the hat was a little loose. So, while my back was turned, Mr. Sam put foam tape all around under the sweatband! I had to stretch that lid to wear it.

Last week I followed Moon's advice and pulled the foam out. It fits beautifully now.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Vertigo gone. A new day! Off to see my DC (chiropractor) and then to work. I'll wear the 60's Charles Knox 40 to see Doc David then the Outback Trading Co River Guide, a waxed cotton rain hat. I plan to put my fedora in the trunk and hang the hat in the employee locker room when I get to work.

You guys continue to post the most amazing hats. Even if I don't have time to comment on all the posts, please know my "Likes" are sincere. The members of the FL are completely awesome... even @Bob Roberts ! :D

File pic of the Charles Knox 40, an old stingy brim about my age I'd guess, complete with a Cav Edge brim treatment and a killer sweat with slitted ribbon and bow:

i-2TthmHH-XL.jpg

The crease and brim curl on that CD is perfect Karl. Nice.

Vita-Felt Stetsonian on this lovely Friday morning.

It was made in 1946, the same year my dad was born. So, in celebration of my dear, old dad, I'm also wearing the jacket he painted for me back when I was teenage Dead freak.
The nostalgia reminds me that "All the years combine. They melt into a dream..."

Such a legacy from your father. I doubt my dad would have done such a thing... "Damn long hair hippies, what, you want to be like them? Not in my house!"

Beautiful Mallory Fabio.

Thank you for the comments and likes on my Tumwater from yesterday. I️ don’t know if Tony is still making hats, but the ones he’s made for me are some of the finest I️ have.

For anyone not familiar with his work, there is a thread here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/tonyb-hatter-and-a-gentleman.32722/

Another Tumwater today - navy blue, inspired by a 1930’s Dobbs owned by Missing in Action Lounger @delectans

5198071191510b7939a3efb29b441cf9.jpg

Cheers! David
Classic, love a Navy hat. Nice pearl.

It looks almost silver in these photos. I had Henry the Hatter in Detroit change the ribbon to a narrower silver gray and trim the brim.
Great story on that hat, I like the color and the new ribbon. Brim is nice at 2.25".

The last sunny day weatherman promised is here

From tomorrow the temperature starts decrease, so the first winter hat is in the sun

Barbisio with chamois felt in light grey contrasting ribbon
Super
A classic Italian hat in shape and proportions
16jht91.jpg

Have a nice Friday and thanks for the likes in the last week
Classic Italian indeed! The finish looks so supple. Very nice Daniele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good on you. And thank you.

Vintage Silhouettes Max
From a distance, that ribbon is quite a looker. Can we see a close up? Not that I want to steal the idea or anything...

Vertigo gone. A new day! Off to see my DC (chiropractor) and then to work. I'll wear the 60's Charles Knox 40 to see Doc David then the Outback Trading Co River Guide, a waxed cotton rain hat. I plan to put my fedora in the trunk and hang the hat in the employee locker room when I get to work.

You guys continue to post the most amazing hats. Even if I don't have time to comment on all the posts, please know my "Likes" are sincere. The members of the FL are completely awesome... even @Bob Roberts ! :D

File pic of the Charles Knox 40, an old stingy brim about my age I'd guess, complete with a Cav Edge brim treatment and a killer sweat with slitted ribbon and bow:

i-2TthmHH-XL.jpg

Sometimes ya just gotta go stingy! I love the look of that Chuck Knox.

Dobbs Hanover Square this rather blustery morning
DSCN6462 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6460 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6470 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I need to find a coat.
11-10-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Preview of December here. Have a great Friday there,
Michael
Filson? Love that Hanover. The dimensions are sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael