Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home for Dr. MLK Jr. day, as the Air Force Base is closed. However, still at home working on a report, so I donned my Adam Executive Quality Pacesetter for a few - just for youse guys. This was my first rebuild from 2014, my first Bond sweat, my first sharksgill attempt, my first gas bath. Still a nice hat with some miles left in it.

View attachment 102624 View attachment 102625 View attachment 102626 View attachment 102627

Ran into Joao yesterday...

View attachment 102628
Looks great Jim. You think that last brim is wide enough for Joao?

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Crofut & Knapp Forty for the yippee and nippy Monday. Got a few unexpected flow snurries to start the day. Neat.

Have a good Mundeeeee.
36b2b6bd0f774aca4f3319150c022dc7.jpg
b8bc6c2ba04207af5fa4174842256c75.jpg
2bae78e3a0ca941965f9c02acf828e30.jpg
555e2645f99b9552209d1b234fe59fe3.jpg
d54596fd65b23e97af3da1e5068cfd95.jpg
74e694aa0872f53cdae69d7b875c2926.jpg
f0538dd13be45f492bb1c71421937b8c.jpg

3172d7b91f6ae90c9fdcd208667a2d74.jpg
that wide brim will keep the snow flakes off.Very handsome hat.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Home for Dr. MLK Jr. day, as the Air Force Base is closed. However, still at home working on a report, so I donned my Adam Executive Quality Pacesetter for a few - just for youse guys. This was my first rebuild from 2014, my first Bond sweat, my first sharksgill attempt, my first gas bath. Still a nice hat with some miles left in it.

View attachment 102624 View attachment 102625 View attachment 102626 View attachment 102627

View attachment 102628
Stop working and enjoy your day off.Like your Adam.

View attachment 102629

I LOVE the Reddy Killowatt pin on that great hat! You added it or was it already on that gem?

I added it. This was built from the ground up. I had to remove the old sweatband and stitching, the ribbon was very stained (like the binding is, if you look). It's got some pretty decent, but not many, moth chews. So I bathed it, but didn't reblock it, as I had no blocks at the time (this was probably my second or third vintage purchase). Ordered a sweat from Scott, learned how to sew it in (the stitching is horrible), got some vintage ribbon off Etsy, and tried to imitate the original sharksgill. You can see how that turned out. Got the pin off eBay, and now it's my go-to concert,festival, I-don't-care-what-happens-hat. Thanks for the compliment, despite the work of a sloppy beginner (I'm now a somewhat not sloppy beginner).

Here are a couple of shots of the old innards:

Adam Executive 10.jpg
Adam Executive 11.jpg

And the original ribbon/sharksgill:
Adam Executive 3.jpg

Looks great Jim. You think that last brim is wide enough for Joao?

I think he'll say, "It's a start..."

Stop working and enjoy your day off.Like your Adam.

Thanks, but I'm already behind the curve on this, so this is a result of previous procrastination. I've given myself a noon stopping time, though.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Eric in cap world today. 5 degrees and falling with a windchill now around -10 and falling as there will be a 20+ mph wind. Stormy Kromer thinsulated model and down hood.
DSCN7888 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7890 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Was also shoveling the new snow. Next up on the agenda is errands by bus and hoof. So I'm trialing a new clothes combo that might be my ultimate in cold and wind proof.
DSCN7882 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

have a good day,
Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Eric in cap world today. 5 degrees and falling with a windchill now around -10 and falling as there will be a 20+ mph wind. Stormy Kromer thinsulated model and down hood. Was also shoveling the new snow. Next up on the agenda is errands by bus and hoof. So I'm trialing a new clothes combo that might be my ultimate in cold and wind proof.
Michael

Good to see to bundled up, but up and about Michael. "Could be colder," is what I tell my self when completing outside chores today. Stay safe and warm. Eric -

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 102628
Joao shaved...
Nice hat. Fitting that so many firsts were on an Adam.

Grey day this Monday morning
dxwk6.jpg

Super Bantam (Another license than Stetson) Lavorazione speciale, creazione Cervo
i233x0.jpg

Felt is called "Loden" and color is "Montecarlo"
2bcz89.jpg

The color is a very pale grey anf felt is short hair finish
adoodu.jpg

Felt ribbon in blue without lining with Cervo tip
2lc4fbd.jpg

This felt is a really pliable without steam and you can crease it as you want.
Have a nice Monday!
Magnificent!

View attachment 102628
Looks very good, Jim. I'd say that's a success.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Haha, thanks! That red cloth was a blindfold we used for a performance a few years ago. I’ve been wearing it as a neck tie ever since. It compliments all of my hats in unique ways.

This is by far the most “cowboy” I’ve ever looked and I’m not sure I like it (even with the sandals, which would never work in the U.S. but in Asia they are standard issue with any outfit)....

I know too many real cowboys and have too much respect for their work and lifestyle to want to portray myself as one - especially since I’m about as far from a cowboy as a fellow born in Texas could ever be.

Greetings All: Dude i’d wear those sandals with that 3x in a tux and i’d use that red cloth as the tie!! The right shades and i’m gone!! I love seeing your attire as you trip the world lots of us only dream of. Keep it goin!!
Be well. Bowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou