Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Nice RD, Matt! Overwelt? What's the brim width?

I love all my Gannons, and gravitate to a couple over the others. They all feel great on my head and are excellent pieces of craftsmanship. The fact that I wear this one less than the others does NOT diminish my love for it. Easily my "dressiest" Gannon. I love light colored hats and the burgundy ribbon treatment is a wonderful contrast with the Silvermist felt.

df971fb61935f8649e3657066203d0b5.jpg
13ac77599d523f28cd1a93fd5c3f64f6.jpg

Caught some raindrops on the way in...

23f84dae4c0dbd58dadc31a0498170d0.jpg

Happy Hump Day!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Super hat, Jim. Great color combo!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Marathon for me today. 50s I do believe .
2018-02-21 11.00.12.jpg

IMG_20180221_102712_762.jpg

I've had my phone shut off for 2 days, and Moon's left? Did I miss something??
It's gonna be a different place without him. Has been since Bob and Doug have been gone too. And it was nice seeing Karl pop in the other day too.
I don't have a Facebook, and aside from YouTube and Instagram, I spend the most time here in the Lounge. I sure hope no one else goes. Although as others mention, it's up to them in the end.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday .

I was referring to the turned hat that Harrison Ford wore in the Raiders of the Lost Ark. The bow was more forward than normal because the hat was turned slightly to the right. Some folks here love the look, and others turn up their noses at it. And of course, many people couldn't care less. :)
Thanks! I missed that. I actually have a hat received recently with the bow forward that I will post later. I think this one is a mistake because there were modifications made including the ribbon bow.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Marathon for me today. 50s I do believe .
View attachment 107635
View attachment 107636

I've had my phone shut off for 2 days, and Moon's left? Did I miss something??
It's gonna be a different place without him. Has been since Bob and Doug have been gone too. And it was nice seeing Karl pop in the other day too.
I don't have a Facebook, and aside from YouTube and Instagram, I spend the most time here in the Lounge. I sure hope no one else goes. Although as others mention, it's up to them in the end.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday .
Unfortunately, there's been a few good loungers that have come and gone over the past few years. Every now and then one of the old ones may pop in and then disappear again. Then there's others of us that have been here for a while and have no plans of going anywhere. Anyone ever remember Orangegrad?

Unfortunately, there's been a few good loungers that have come and gone over the past few years. Every now and then one of the old ones may pop in and then disappear again. Then there's others of us that have been here for a while and have no plans of going anywhere. Anyone ever remember Orangegrad?

Andy?! Sure do! He hailed from close by here, (south of Boston) and was the first person to "follow" me, the poor mis-guided soul. I think he moved to AZ?

Shoot him a call-out, Terry!

I had actually wondered if the powers-that-be here might think about an annual "Shout out" email to all past posters, just to wave the flag, maybe re-ignite their interest, even if only once a year.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was thinking about him the other day. He had quite a collection of Akubras. Last I heard he was moving to Arizona.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday's ponds have become skating rinks and winter has returned. So I was feeling blue, Marathon blue that is
DSCN8625 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8626 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Damn groundhog
2-21-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one,
Michael
I love it when you show us that hat. Such a beauty..
Great looking find Matt. The sweat and liner do look pristine.

Man I do like that hat. What a great ribbon color for the silvermist felt.

Michael
Thanks
Pristine Matt. All the boxes checked here. Super color and that sweat is divine! Very happy for you.
Thanks Mike.

Opening the box last night was much more enjoyable than my last experience. That hat was advertised as 7 1/4 and turned out to be a 7. I bathed that hat in my tears.

Enjoy.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I really love blue hats, and this one is a favorite. That suit looks warm and comfy, great fabric.
Thanks Red. One of my favorites too. The suit is warm. I more I inspect the fabric the more I think it is handwoven Donegal.

I love it when you show us that hat. Such a beauty.. ThanksThanks Mike.

Opening the box last night was much more enjoyable than my last experience. That hat was advertised as 7 1/4 and turned out to be a 7. I bathed that hat in my tears.

Enjoy.
Thanks Matt. Glad your new hat is more to your liking than the last one. Though I can't believe that the last one was a 7 and you didn't send it to me.

Thanks all,
Michael

Great looking find Matt. The sweat and liner do look pristine.

Man I do like that hat. What a great ribbon color for the silvermist felt.

Michael

Thank you, Michael. That Marathon's a keeper. I don't know why I don't comment more on your posts. Maybe it's the time of day I see them or something. You always bring your A game, though.

I always feel guilty for not commenting more on Steve's (@mayserwegener) posts either. Frankly, I ran out of superlatives for his hats a long time ago and just threw my hands up in despair.

So to you and Steve: I love your hats everyday. Sorry I don't say it enough!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR