Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EinarsM

Vendor
View attachment 109160 View attachment 109161 View attachment 109162 View attachment 109163
Greetings Scottyrocks:
Ha, wondered what happened. I can tell you it’s a Dobbs Forty, way old, some of the best felt i felt. Ha. Color: i’ll show you but tan, copper ribbon. Talk to Tim, Alley Kat, he just made a clone of one for a friend. Is posted in that thread. Thanks for the interest. Be well. Bowen
Ps: color looks true here.

Pss: think i screwed it up too. Leaving well enough alone! B

WOah! Thats a beautiful crown! That felt looks amazing too.

Nathaniel Finley

A-List Customer
I purchased my first really vintage hat a few months ago and left the Akubra FED IV behind while on my trip to Australia....

Just arrived back to it and we went out for a walk today in the rain.

Boy, I like this hat! Even after wearing the 3X Stetson for the last few months, there’s still some special feeling I have for the FED IV.

483ECDA6-FD1B-4C5F-8B89-8BE9C70F3412.jpeg
89BEDC65-2533-40F3-BD69-1A3351C680DA.jpeg
5306E884-D198-4DFC-9F0A-0C9D6FAF429B.jpeg

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I left in 1981 after high school graduation when I joined the Marine Corps. After my enlistment I moved to the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Met my wife and have been here since. Although, as I get closer to retirement I contemplate moving back home.
I have the same kind of nostalgia for the DC area, where I grew up. Though I know that I won't head back there. Too busy.

If you ever head back this way. We will have to hang out and rant about hats. 'Twould be a hoot.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I purchased my first really vintage hat a few months ago and left the Akubra FED IV behind while on my trip to Australia....

Just arrived back to it and we went out for a walk today in the rain.

Boy, I like this hat! Even after wearing the 3X Stetson for the last few months, there’s still some special feeling I have for the FED IV.

View attachment 109187 View attachment 109188 View attachment 109189
I can understand why. It just screams "life is an adventure". And it looks great on you.

Nathaniel Finley

A-List Customer
I can understand why. It just screams "life is an adventure". And it looks great on you.

My 3X came in pristine white condition, absolutely beautiful even for a new hat let alone one that’s over a half-decade old. Now it’s got a dark stain from some runoff water during a sudden downpour and I’ve definitely learned to appreciate the adventure of a “beater”!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Another late post. Got caught in the slush on the way home. Bad pictures.
Borsalino beater Rain line
b3fc0fc515adcefd23dcaa087b323141.jpg
fa3680d1c81b64afadf320649b8b2527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope you survived the slushing, D. You look in fine form to navigate through it.

Cool Hat and sweater combo. Looking great, Michael!
Thank you sir. I'm never sure if that sweater is actually a sweater or if it's a coat. Both the hat and sweater are very comfortable on a chilly late winter day.

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy