Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Love that hat Michael. Great flat-brim look...
Thanks Bob. I changed the dent last night and did a bit of ironing on the wonky brim this morning. Love that Cavanaugh you were wearing yesterday.

Windy and sunny. Monsivais cap flapping all over the place during a short bike ride, but it did stay put.
0f3df03dfebb9c1078d29f63fe56298b.jpg
c3a06460123e6d0347171c229a85bf23.jpg
4f58d1929332af6089c7f47b4191626b.jpg
1b59b8658edff07a32b6751d9b3e5cd9.jpg
c410ade0eb663ee7b21ab1e8d369057a.jpg
fd4e684454c109ea5c1566eec4e7d950.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday my friends!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Some beautiful cloth in that one Serge. Love it.

Michael

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Starting out on a frosty morning under this Peters Bros. Shady Oaks
DSCN9417 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9416 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9414 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9413 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Well stained up., but suitable for many more years of service I think. May try to get out on the bike if it warms up later. Will need something with a little less windage then
3-18-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Sunday,
Michael
Michael: sweet hat. Didn’t know you had one. Got time to share the insides?
As always, your attire is to aspire. Good go.
Be well. Bowen

View attachment 110979
Vintage Strat this morning.
What a nice old Strat Bob. I would enjoy seeing more of this one. 1950s?

Starting out on a frosty morning under this Peters Bros. Shady Oaks
DSCN9417 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9416 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9414 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9413 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Well stained up., but suitable for many more years of service I think. May try to get out on the bike if it warms up later. Will need something with a little less windage then
3-18-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Sunday,
Michael
Stupendous Michael! You would achieve lift off wearing this one on a bike ride. Impressive.

Windy and sunny. Monsivais cap flapping all over the place during a short bike ride, but it did stay put.
4f58d1929332af6089c7f47b4191626b.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday my friends!

Love the colors on that cap Serge. Very nice.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Thanks Bob. I changed the dent last night and did a bit of ironing on the wonky brim this morning. Love that Cavanaugh you were wearing yesterday.

Some beautiful cloth in that one Serge. Love it.

Michael
Thanks, Michael. I got two caps from him and the fabric in both is spectacular!

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
What a nice old Strat Bob. I would enjoy seeing more of this one. 1950s?

Stupendous Michael! You would achieve lift off wearing this one on a bike ride. Impressive.

Love the colors on that cap Serge. Very nice.

Thanks, Mike. I really like both the Monsivais caps I got. Really nice fabric and old fashioned proportions.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks all for the likes and nice comments on yesterday's green Gannon. I hope everybody had a great St. Patrick's day and moderated their intake. I was supposed to see a friend play live, but wussed out and stayed home with my head buried in Netflix.

As the church I attend is basically, on the campus of U of Dayton, I had to pick my way through piles of hungover students and unused green Jello shots to get to mass. No better accompaniment to such an endeavor as Grandma Anna's Royal Stetson.

c007335be2223a37f52a8c95fd2b985c.jpg
9e5fe5e9662cc8d323e8600720612a26.jpg
55c7951578104a710b597a2f32424232.jpg

It's a Sunshine Day!

6bbfacbb4b68cca874f3302730f47dbb.jpg

BTW - I was kidding about the students, but not the Jello shots.

53d3e900a7b516eaa1d3a37b3735d9eb.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Greetings Fruno et al:
Great hat again Sir.
Ha..your town looks similar to my town. Speaking of college kids. Do you remember seeing a big bright red H2, black windows, big black tires and a booming stereo cruising around a 2-3 years ago?
Be well. Bowen

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I am sure that God will smile when you darken the door of your local cathedral. That ribbon is a real statement.
Thanks Mike.

I somehow made it through without getting struck by lightning.

Must've been the hat
Thanks all for the likes and nice comments on yesterday's green Gannon. I hope everybody had a great St. Patrick's day and moderated their intake. I was supposed to see a friend play live, but wussed out and stayed home with my head buried in Netflix.

As the church I attend is basically, on the campus of U of Dayton, I had to pick my way through piles of hungover students and unused green Jello shots to get to mass. No better accompaniment to such an endeavor as Grandma Anna's Royal Stetson.

c007335be2223a37f52a8c95fd2b985c.jpg
9e5fe5e9662cc8d323e8600720612a26.jpg
55c7951578104a710b597a2f32424232.jpg

It's a Sunshine Day!

6bbfacbb4b68cca874f3302730f47dbb.jpg

BTW - I was kidding about the students, but not the Jello shots.

53d3e900a7b516eaa1d3a37b3735d9eb.jpg

Ha! It's too early for the hungover students!

Good to see Grandma Anna's Royal Stetson. Sweet lid.

Per special request from the Mattster, I will bring out the "Huggy Bear". It just seemed festive with all the plumage (there are green highlights, some type of exotic chicken...). This Cavanagh rolled brim homburg like creature is all disco...kiss me I'm Irish! No really, there is Irish in my veins, mother's maiden name was McCollough.

View attachment 110873 View attachment 110874

This one really tickles my fancy, Red...

Greetings Fruno et al:
Great hat again Sir.
Ha..your town looks similar to my town. Speaking of college kids. Do you remember seeing a big bright red H2, black windows, big black tires and a booming stereo cruising around a 2-3 years ago?
Be well. Bowen

There are so many cars like that I don't notice them much. I just turn up FZ and go on down he road. You'd think I would remember a red H2 though.

Friend of yours?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael: sweet hat. Didn’t know you had one. Got time to share the insides?
As always, your attire is to aspire. Good go.
Be well. Bowen
Thanks Bowen. The liner is pretty simple with dark purple cloth. No markings on the sweat at all, which makes me wonder if it has been replaced once already
DSCN9436 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Yes, not a bicycling hat. I would worry that a stiff side wind gust might knock me down too. I'm just now trying to talk myself into getting out on the bike, but my energy is fading. Maybe a nap first. Ha ha.

Thanks all,
Michael

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
There are so many cars like that I don't notice them much. I just turn up FZ and go on down he road. You'd think I would remember a red H2 though.

Friend of yours?

Ha..yeah that’s why i asked. Your post just made me laugh about the post Saturday party stuff you see. Then about Dayton etc. The H2? A middle eastern visa’d student there dropped a ton of Ma and Pa’s money in one. His loss, my gain. Ha. I seriously considered Wright State for my college. Great school, nice area, hugely fast growing town.
Be well. Bowen

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Da-YUM, Matt!!!
Me loves dis one big time!
Thanks Charlie.
Not really. 9:30 mass is usually prime time for observing walks of shame.

My Lord... These 21st century college kids are much more hardy than I was. When I was in school, I'd be lucky if I could cast off the Sunday post-debauchery fog and filfth by 1 PM. Just thinking about it gives me a residual shudder.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bowen. The liner is pretty simple with dark purple cloth. No markings on the sweat at all, which makes me wonder if it has been replaced once already
DSCN9436 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Yes, not a bicycling hat. I would worry that a stiff side wind gust might knock me down too. I'm just now trying to talk myself into getting out on the bike, but my energy is fading. Maybe a nap first. Ha ha.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks Michael: very nice. I really like their colorful liners. Your’s is the one with the “s”. The older one then the “Oak” i believe. To bad about the sweat. I wonder which model? Quite a brim, looks wider than a Banker. Very nice. B

Ha..yeah that’s why i asked. Your post just made me laugh about the post Saturday party stuff you see. Then about Dayton etc. The H2? A middle eastern visa’d student there dropped a ton of Ma and Pa’s money in one. His loss, my gain. Ha. I seriously considered Wright State for my college. Great school, nice area, hugely fast growing town.
Be well. Bowen

Where are you? Not many out of towners gravitate to WSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails