Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
83C08E09-819F-40CF-A769-BDEB17AABB34.jpeg
1C315D77-68A9-4D7F-B0D4-FF398D2E42F6.jpeg
0A2B15EA-F589-4EAF-97BD-1F0FF4504212.jpeg
7E6C2060-B651-49EB-A798-572F8B4FDD0F.jpeg
B95DF4E2-8D2D-47CD-84B7-023DA818FD1E.jpeg
Greetings All:
It seems i have been posting mostly Stetsons so...
Today it’s a Borsalino. I believe this was my first “good” Borsa. It’s still hanging in there me thinks. Vintage Cal Leather crosszip for warmth.
As always, thanks all for the recent kind words.
Be well. Bowen

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 111664 View attachment 111666 View attachment 111667 View attachment 111668 View attachment 111669 Greetings All:
Today it’s a Borsalino. I believe this was my first “good” Borsa. It’s still hanging in there me thinks. Vintage Cal Leather crosszip for warmth.
Be well. Bowen
Fantastic hat. Sweet jacket.

Methinks you might need a few more hats to fill up the gaps in those rooms.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
As usual looking good Michael. Great hat.
Thanks CS.

Nice beater.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim. Sorry to hear you are included in the snow.

Thanks Michael. I've noticed that yours appears darker. Is your's nutria? If not... I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Of course, it would make sense that different batches of dye would be a bit different, too.

Can you and Michael please send me your snow?
Mine is a LEO and I've not been able to find any info on what the felt might be made out of. Lion?

And I can give you a special offer on the snow. You can have every bit of it that you can shovel off of my driveway for the low low price of absolutely free.

Cool, Michael. Very nice design on the liner.
It is a pretty cool liner. I'm just watching one of the old Thin Man movies and there seem to be a lot of similarly dimensioned hats in the movie.

Very nice, Michael. It deserves a refurb.
Yes it does. It's been on my ever growing list of hats that need to be seen to in some way or another. Another pair of very nice hats you are showing today.

Thanks all,
Michael

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I'm celebrating my discovery of Richard Stewart's story by wearing his hat.

More can be read about Mr. Stewart and folks' thoughts and theories about his somewhat unusual retirement gift in the thread here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/index.php?posts/2390808

Happy weekend, folks.
c692ca22ccbe6d4fe2b1144919eb06c8.jpg
4e8eaa95173d40ef65c05f906f6ce854.jpg
2b7a7361b71b30fbeb324adf92256888.jpg
d06da2c135a2dd0e6d11e6f48d2adc16.jpg
430fb4e0adc04e5e1a06bc611ae79f1f.jpg
4400c3348ca9b544a423b493f43af1e6.jpg
753afec118a9ed740ae1c584f18827f9.jpg
ec58a03a1309134d9fdb3e7b302e19d2.jpg
WOW...what a “only one on the planet” hat and story. Great story in the other thread. Hat’s with history are so much nicer than just hats. Thank you for sharing.
Be well. Bowen

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I'd like one before my retirement! Super looking hat.
Thanks Stefan. Wouldn't we all?!?!
WOW...what a “only one on the planet” hat and story. Great story in the other thread. Hat’s with history are so much nicer than just hats. Thank you for sharing.
Be well. Bowen
Thanks.

Yeah... Connecting the people in the past to the hat on the head immeasurably enriches the collecting experience. Such a blast!!!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'm into this new to me Stetson St. Regis Homburg. A little brushing and steam and then to the bank and a few errands. Getting older, with some arthritis so giving up some of my hunting revolvers. Sad in a way, to be letting go of some things but the hats are always there, right? Anyway, as they say, getting old isn't for sissies.

This lid is super comfortable and I'm impressed by the quality of the felt.

i-VBX2SHg-L.jpg

i-7Gz298c-L.jpg

i-CfkVWMh-L.jpg

i-j3CGnF8-L.jpg

i-Db9fNQn-L.jpg

i-HLbTZdZ-L.jpg

Beautiful Lid Tuk !

e9843df99738cfc00f294bf3726dcd09.jpg

Stetson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the looks of that Stetson Perry !

Never good when you start quoting yourself :eek: Was pretty excited to wear the newest lid this morning. Had everyone lined out to be on their best behavior. Cows, horses and my professional photographer waiting in the wings until the rain stopped. Even had the rain lined out. Perfect morning. Open crown was set, brim was flat, latigo hat band all snugged up and that pretty silver concho sitting perfectly.

My oldest Appy gelding and I have seen out share of fun together. Nothing ever this much fun though:confused: Guess he didn't get my "photo day" memo...or may be he did. Kinda his way. This was taken a few minutes after he bucked me off. They tell me I made it four jumps..maybe 3 seconds all in. Seemed more like 1.5 or 2 to be honest, may be less. 2nd jump I think the horn tapped my spine. I noticed. Lost count and caring at that point and just wanted off! He was sure willing to oblige. This was taken a few minutes later and I still haven't gotten up from where I landed. After some time passed, I was able reach for and put my hat back on. Eventually I hobbled back to the house on crutches and downed a beer and two (never take more than one at a time) oxy. Higher than a kite now...thankfully :D 'Cuz this one is gonna leave a mark! Liking the hat. Must be my new "good luck" hat.

Glad you're OK Yahoody. Hat still looks great!

Better late than never. I spent the day at the archives of the Portland Art Museum. A famous Oregon State Dean, Gordon Gilkey gave his art collection and papers to them before his death in 2000. He was also one of the Monument Men from WWII. I will probably be contracted out to process his archival collection (20 boxes!) in the near future. Spent the day geeking out in my Mossant Diplomatique. Kind of seemed appropriate.

Mike with pile of art 550x.jpg
Mike and Benny 550x.jpg
Lieka Exhibit 2 500x.jpg
The Laika exhibition is quite spectacular, they are the animation house respoinsible for The Box Trolls (2014) and others More images in Fedoras Afield.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Never good when you start quoting yourself :eek: Was pretty excited to wear the newest lid this morning. Had everyone lined out to be on their best behavior. Cows, horses and my professional photographer waiting in the wings until the rain stopped. Even had the rain lined out. Perfect morning. Open crown was set, brim was flat, latigo hat band all snugged up and that pretty silver concho sitting perfectly.

My oldest Appy gelding and I have seen out share of fun together. Nothing ever this much fun though:confused: Guess he didn't get my "photo day" memo...or may be he did. Kinda his way. This was taken a few minutes after he bucked me off. They tell me I made it four jumps..maybe 3 seconds all in. Seemed more like 1.5 or 2 to be honest, may be less. 2nd jump I think the horn tapped my spine. I noticed. Lost count and caring at that point and just wanted off! He was sure willing to oblige. This was taken a few minutes later and I still haven't gotten up from where I landed. After some time passed, I was able reach for and put my hat back on. Eventually I hobbled back to the house on crutches and downed a beer and two (never take more than one at a time) oxy. Higher than a kite now...thankfully :D 'Cuz this one is gonna leave a mark! Liking the hat. Must be my new "good luck" hat.

Ouch, glad you are (more or less) ok!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
View attachment 111664 View attachment 111666 View attachment 111667 View attachment 111668 View attachment 111669 Greetings All:
Be well. Bowen

That's quite the collection you've got there, Bowen. Looks like you live in a hat shop [emoji41]

Borsa and jacket look great together!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran