Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s a wonderful tribute. I reminds me of setting a place for Elijah at Passover. I think I’ll try to make this a family tradition of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The meaning of the Missing Man table is quite touching. I was surprised when I saw it there in the front entrance of the local Cabela's and surprised further still at how much it impacted my morning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_man_table

Wore this Cuenca from Art to a BBQ today where all the hipsters 30 years + my junior were wearing stingy brims, and pork pie hats.
View attachment 120529
Outstanding in the crowd! Nice Panama.

Yesterday evening I donned a vtg.Stetson Bantam. Light blue-gray felt on this un-lined hat is very soft. A terrific warm weather hat.

i-KqmR5WP-M.jpg

My wife told me that the ribbon needs replacing on this hat. I have convinced her this is not a good idea. I made the argument that it should remain intact. Truth, I like the patina'd ribbon color both for its matured hue and for its perseverance.

i-wj6F4VF-M.jpg

i-6ZGMCtL-M.jpg

No shot this morning as a ball cap is my choice for moving 4 yards of mulch.

Best, Eric -
Love the Bantam Eric, one of my favorites. It wears it's patina well.

Mowing grass this morning wearing a cool Stetson 3x stingy selv-edge.Wearing it Brim up for our friend Bob.Left the hat how I found it with center crease no pinches(if it was good enough for James R Frazier)it's good enough for me.Anyway I started smelling gas,then it stalled.Long story short leak in gas tank.It's a old mower had it for 18 years,I've had to work on it a couple times to keep it going but it runs great.Found a gas tank for it,but wife talked me into getting a new mower.Guess I'll fix the old one and let it go.
qCry039.jpg
VUZ5UyK.jpg
c1NZxai.jpg
D6ToEMN.jpg
XU3uPvh.jpg
Sweet stingy! From the early days when they still made a 'real' hat. Love it.

c623684d8d84611d41a66bcc0e48ef75.jpg

Guatemalan straw
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking brim on that Central American beauty Perry. Great shirt too.

Ok the heat has me putting off moving the remains of the 3 yards of mulch. More to move tomorrow. I changed out my soaking ball cap to a milan while I survey my morning effort. This short brimed 50-60's Knox milan is keeping the sun at bay.

i-z93XcM5-M.jpg

i-wS2wSz6-M.jpg

Time for some cool sun tea.

Best, Eric -
I'm enjoying all the Milans on the lounge over the past few days. This Knox is pristine, love the lines.

Hats in the Belfry panama on another hot day
DSCN1533 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1534 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1535 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I need to up my daily caffeine dose, this heat is making me sleepy,
5-29-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one,
Michael
Nice Panama Michael, stay cool!

The vintage Tress & Co. for today
View attachment 120534
Perfect!

Outstanding in the crowd! Nice Panama.

Love the Bantam Eric, one of my favorites. It wears it's patina well.

Sweet stingy! From the early days when they still made a 'real' hat. Love it.

Nice looking brim on that Central American beauty Perry. Great shirt too.

I'm enjoying all the Milans on the lounge over the past few days. This Knox is pristine, love the lines.

Nice Panama Michael, stay cool!

Perfect!
Thanks Mike. Summer has finally arrived!

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Another great short brim milan today. Very nice, Eric!
Ok the heat has me putting off moving the remains of the 3 yards of mulch. More to move tomorrow. I changed out my soaking ball cap to a milan while I survey my morning effort. This short brimed 50-60's Knox milan is keeping the sun at bay.

i-z93XcM5-M.jpg

i-wS2wSz6-M.jpg

Time for some cool sun tea.

Best, Eric -

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Good morning. The dogs and I went for a walk before 5:30am this morning so we can enjoy the cooler temps during our adventure. A vtg.Stetson Playboy was my light weight, un-lined hat choice.

i-CXLsxz9-M.jpg

i-2CLB3Fb-M.jpg

A couple of hours later the warmth is settling in and the breeze has stopped. No more felt today. It is a straw day. I am wearing a supernatural straw while enjoying the first cup of coffee of the day. This vtg.Stetson is equally fun to wear and to take off and gaze at the weaving.

i-dfH5pDg-M.jpg

i-tvnd6th-M.jpg

i-Rdw5PH4-M.jpg

i-PQfxVNr-M.jpg

Happy Memorial Day to all! To my fallen relatives and immediate family who has served I tip my hat to you. I tip my hat again to the folks I do not know who gave some or gave all to allow me the enjoyable freedoms I enjoy everyday. Best, Eric -
All of your hats look great, Eric, but that panama has me drooling.

One of my favourites…hopefully it will stay with me a little bit longer…It is a Stetson Cody made out of canvas, slowly fading away. A good companion that also traveled along with me to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. I tried to google "Stetson Cody" but was not successful in the last years. Couldn't find one again. View attachment 120480 View attachment 120481
That is a great picture.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
More record breaking heat today brings on more Hopoka straw
DSCN1518 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1505 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1506 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Also brought out the mosquitoes to join the already abundant black fly on a buggy and muggy morning
DSCN1512 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Michael
As @steur said, that's a great looking lid. The sharp crease definitely brings it out, but I personally love the ribbon you have on it.

Mowing grass this morning wearing a cool Stetson 3x stingy selv-edge.Wearing it Brim up for our friend Bob.Left the hat how I found it with center crease no pinches(if it was good enough for James R Frazier)it's good enough for me.Anyway I started smelling gas,then it stalled.Long story short leak in gas tank.It's a old mower had it for 18 years,I've had to work on it a couple times to keep it going but it runs great.Found a gas tank for it,but wife talked me into getting a new mower.Guess I'll fix the old one and let it go.
qCry039.jpg
VUZ5UyK.jpg
c1NZxai.jpg
D6ToEMN.jpg
XU3uPvh.jpg
Always a bonus to find out about a hats' history. I love that. Good you kept it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart