Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jimmy and Bob, just for giggles I'd like to see you two in a lid that isn't amazing. Of your vast collections there doesn't seem to be a lemon in the bunch.:eusa_clap

Wow, Bart, now I'm really flattered. That you compare my collection to Jimmy's is a huge compliment. Jimmy has been exceptionally gracious and helpful in helping me acquire the lids I have, and he has been an endless source of hat advice since I've been around the lounge.

Thank you, Jimmy, and thank you, Bart.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
One word: Vicarona.
I guess you could call it amazing. ;)

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!
despicable.me..88.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Bart, now I'm really flattered. That you compare my collection to Jimmy's is a huge compliment. Jimmy has been exceptionally gracious and helpful in helping me acquire the lids I have, and he has been an endless source of hat advice since I've been around the lounge.

Thank you, Jimmy, and thank you, Bart.

Thanks so much for those kind sentiments, Bob -- I really appreciate it, and it's always a pleasure. :) I have certainly enjoyed watching you haul in some mighty nice catches from the 'bay. Over time, you have definitely built a worthy collection!

I really like the way that 7X CB looks on you -- suits you real well. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

NakedGhost

New in Town
Would it offend you all if I was wearing a Target trilby?
I wanted to try the look out before investing any real money into a good hat, as I've really only worn cabby hats (I guess they're actually called Ivy hats or something similar). We all have to start somewhere right? And I'm actually enjoying the look, even though I would prefer something like a porkpie I believe.
Honestly for being a cheap lid it isn't that bad, and has the advantage of being more conducive to a casual student wardrobe.

Alex

Practically Family
Would it offend you all if I was wearing a Target trilby?
I wanted to try the look out before investing any real money into a good hat, as I've really only worn cabby hats (I guess they're actually called Ivy hats or something similar). We all have to start somewhere right? And I'm actually enjoying the look, even though I would prefer something like a porkpie I believe.
Honestly for being a cheap lid it isn't that bad, and has the advantage of being more conducive to a casual student wardrobe.

Hey I'm still fairly new to the hat game, but I've gotten hooked fairly quick:p You should post pics of that trilby. Im definitely not offended by a target purchase because everyones gotta start somewhere. I started with jcpennys.

NakedGhost

New in Town
Picture0010.jpg

I didn't lie, right? That is in fact a trilby...since it has the thinner brim? It isn't the one I really wanted, but the light gray with black band was only stocked in large/XL, and my buzzed head doesn't fill that much space.
I know I don't necessarily exude the look of a vintage gent with my choice of bodily adornment, but its so easily hidden when I need to. I could never just stick to one consistent look anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner