Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Great pics over the last few days, everyone!

Here's my meager contribution. I decided I didn't like the Gus crease, so it went back to the telescope. I'm loving this hat!

untitled.jpg

Your as bad about changing creases as my last wife was about moving furniture ! I'd go off on a weekend horse show trip and trip over the couch when I got back 'cause she'd moved it all around !! :) Both of those creases you've had in that hat looked GREAT on you guy. :)

as always, Onward thru the Fog :)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan and Bart, the Borso and the Playboy look great. I can see the softness of those felts through my monitor.

Neophyte, you wear that Buckaroo well, and the hatband looks great with it.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Thanks again, and I added another photo of an old Mallory ad featuring a fedora with pug to my earlier post. Mallory's designers were on to something, it seems.

Your Borso looks great brim UP or down ;)

Dennis: Thank you, my friend.

Neo: I like the telescope crease you have currently, it looks great on you. Kinda reminds me of a young Clint Eastwood!

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You may remember this from last year, posted March 5, 2010.
DSC_0124.jpg

Well, they switched it up this year. We managed to stop by during terrible light.

This photo is not stretched
DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0204-1.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

7xCB
DSC_0215.jpg

I love the materials.
DSC_0217-1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up

Very nice, delectans. The crown on that one looks a bit smaller in proportion -- any sense of open crown height on that one? I love the pleated ribbon look on a fur felt. In addition to Mallory, Stetson (the "Privateer") and Portis immediately come to mind as other manufacturers that used a pleated ribbon on a fur felt.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
My ebay Playboy arrived today. 2 1/4" brim, which is the narrowest I do. The hat is dang near mint, the felt and sweatband are perfect and it looks to be in unworn condition.

Looks great, Bart. Will you be adding that one (complete with photos of the insides) to the Playboy thread? (Which, incidentally, I've always thought should be titled "The Playboy Mansion"...:D)

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
A bunch of great hats today--but curiously many lightweights[huh] Must be warmer than here (1 deg. when I walked the dog in the morning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred