Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Hello, all. Finally back from Iraq. I have a chance this week to wear some "civvies" to a training course, so I took advantage of the opportunity to dress up a bit. Haven't worn a tie for over a year.

Bespoke lightweight grey slacks, herringbone sportsjacket, pink pinstripe shirt. (sorry the color didn't come out better in the pics) Silk rust print PS, Paul Frederick signature tie, Selentino Sterling fedora, and new-to-me preowned Allen Edmonds shoes thanks to member tonylumpkin here. I'm loving the shoes, although I do wish they were a half-size smaller. That's the chance of buying something online. Sometimes my feet take 10.5's, sometimes 11's.

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg
Here's to ya Wild Blue!
Thanks for your service and God bless you for being able to come home in one piece!

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Sorry for my absence recently, been busy preparing for an addition to the family. SOme great hats over the last few weeks.

Not today but on Saturday at the chap olympiad, my favourite homburg...
5962506580_49b9616772_z.jpg
Congrats on the new addition!
We just had a 6th birthday party for our triplets!
Man, I could use a mixer of anything right now!

scooter

Practically Family
We just a had an early birthday party for my 4 year old granddaughter. Energetic as she is, I can't even imagine triplets.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
So here's today's outfit. I'm doing a training course this week, and had practice mock interviews today. So this is my interview suit, or as close to it as I've got put together so far. Navy blue Joseph A Bank single-breasted suit, plain white bespoke shirt, soft brown leather shoes. (I forgot to take a shoe-specific pic)

For the tie, I was trying to decide among several candidates, including a classic collegiate power tie with diagonal red and blue stripes. I liked the idea of using red to tap into the power color, but liked that this lush Paul Frederick tie mutes the red with blue checks. Not a solid, but VERY plain and conservative as far as a patterned tie. So overall outfit is intended to be plain and classic, suitable for an interview.

Now, I wanted to pull out my Brent Black Montechristi panama, and thought it'd be a good match for the suit and the nice Alaskan weather we're having. Likewise, I thought a plain TV fold white linen pocket square would be sharp. So I wore them for the day, and then removed the hat and PS for the interview. You can see the "interview configuration" pics. Sorry that my wife framed the picture with my BB panama against the sky and not the trees. Makes it not as easy to see. (man, it's an awesome hat, though)

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Wildblue, great looking outfit, head to toe. If I could go briefly OT, what model Breitling is that on the wrist (Chronomat?)? Think I also saw a B-1 in the linked pics of the BB Panama (awesome hat!).

Last, were you also in Iraq back in 2005/2006?

T Rick

Practically Family
Today, another hat in "training". Just picked up yesterday, in a day or two I'll shoot some more pics of it and post in the "New Hat" thread. Not really sure what it's made of, company is Bigalli, says made in Ecuador. Their website says the material is "Toyo" which I have no idea what that means... could it be a real Panama? Possible but I have my doubts. Toquilla Palm? Well, not if my guess is correct, but it could be. I'll do what I can to find out (picked it up yesterday at Henry The Hatter's and their more knowledgeable people were not in when I got there). One thing is certain, it wasn't expensive (they were having a sale). Just under 40 bucks plus tax. Either way, an inexpensive black straw, good for the heat we're having right now. But I'd like to find out (if it's a synthetic, II will be able to wear it when rain might be expected, something I don't want to do with a Panama).

orig.jpg

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Started off with my Dobbs straw, but switched to the Stetson Ashland which felt better despite the heat; the photo is terrible, it is Caribou and not brown.

7222011.jpg

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Thanks, guys. Yeah, I really love the Brent Black Montechristi. I have a few other pics of it, but not a whole bunch yet. I'll see what I already have, and see if I can take some more. It's in the "classic fedora" style of blocking.

T Rick, you were asking about my watch--my daily wearer is a Breitling Airwolf with co-pilot module. I have some groovy pics of it, but they're not with hats, so... I guess they wouldn't fit here. :) I've actually got it at Breitling right now getting polished and the battery replaced before the warranty runs out. So in the meantime, I've been wearing my "fancy" watch, a two-tone rose gold Breitling Chronomat. I've got a better look of it in the "bling" shot below. :)

Felt like "new classic" today. Dark charcoal grey JAB suit, classic light blue tailored shirt MTM by the company here that was offering the deal on a trial shirt about 9 months ago. I don't really wear French cuffs, but decided to try some. Also got a set of custom engraved sterling silver cufflinks, with my "college" crest. Black/silver tartar patterned PS.

The tie is by Paolo Albizzati. I bought a whole bunch of fine ties from Augustus Brine on a massive sale, from $3 to $15 or so each... this one is my absolute favorite. Thick and quite plush.

IMG_1910.jpg

Tried one buttoned, and added my Selentino Queen fedora.

IMG_1911.jpg

A "bling" shot. :)

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Thanks, all looks good. That Chronomat Evolution is really sweet! The Airwolf is what I mistook for a B-1 (it essentially replaced the B1 and they are very similar in principal). The copilot module is a really cool addition! I've got a couple of Breitlings, a 50th Anniversary Navitimer and a titanium Chrono Avenger (wish I'd picked up the UTC module when they were available).

The reason I asked if you were in Iraq in '05/'06, is that I thought I might have spotted you there (a long shot I know). I was in the IZ working on the new Embassy (civilian contractor), and several times at the Palace/acting Embassy DFAC I spotted USAF Personnel. Being a bit of a watch hound, I always looked at folks wrists to see what they were wearing. I recall seeing a few Breitlings among others on the wrists of a few of the UASF types. I specifically recall one Gentleman in a flight suit with I think an Emergency, but there were others.

Guys, sorry to take this thread towards watches, guess I've just revealed another of my passions/hobbies. I'll now admonish myself to get back on topic and back to hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany