Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks all for the kind comments about the Borsalino. The view was not particularly wide angle. The brim is really large and curvy, even the front.
P1030992.JPG

Wow, nice perspective and even nicer to see the horsehair band...spose that's Italian? I see there is a bound/stitched edge too, interesting. What are those brim and crown measurements? I'd guess 4 and 6; you could stash a gallon of paint up there, after you emptied out the Chianti.

How do you think it compares to Stetsons, Resistols, etc. of the period and genre?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Enjoying the evening out in the yard. Wearing a grey 50's Stetson Stratoliner. The lake is open and I had to keep calling the dogs back as they were excited to go out and swim after the local ducks. We are all anxious for the spring weather due us in another 45+ or - days.

IMG0753-L.jpg

I hope all you folks were able to enjoy your Sunday.

Best, Eric -

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Wow, nice perspective and even nicer to see the horsehair band...spose that's Italian? I see there is a bound/stitched edge too, interesting. What are those brim and crown measurements? I'd guess 4 and 6; you could stash a gallon of paint up there, after you emptied out the Chianti.

How do you think it compares to Stetsons, Resistols, etc. of the period and genre?

Brim is 4-1/8" with whip-stitched edge, the crown is a little more than 6-1/4" with a fairly straight profile. Its every bit as stiff and heavy as a typical Stetson/Resistol of the time. A bit of rough, "scratch" finish rather than smooth. Probably made for the Latin American Market. Color is Banana(appropriate for Honduras).

The band does not originate with this hat--nice hitched horsehair very finely crafted, but probably recent.

Last edited:
Thanks for these wonderful photo essays... each is a treat.

AL, you did a fantastic job with what looks to be a very high quality high school musical. The yearbook editor is going to love you. Excellent costumes and lighting and the kids are clearly in the moment. Great stuff.

BR - I want one of those wide brim straws... they are the bomb.
Rusty, I wish I could have shared some oysters with you. Happy happy birthday, my friend.

TipTop

Practically Family
All great to know, thank you RLK. Do you have any places where you feel comfortable wearing it? I feel very self-conscious in my big hats, but will wear them if I'm headed for wide-open spaces...like Montana in May. Thx again.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Gosh, I really sincerely like all the hats posted today.
BJ-- nice work on that trim. looks very sleek, lots of attitude.
Lefty, I always look forward to your interesting and balanced photographic contributions. You (or your photographer) really have an eye for natural composition, IMO. cool hat in that picture today.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Carl, very nice Hat collection! The Optimo is my favorite on you!

B.J, looks good the new one!

Eric, great Lee today, one great Hat after the other! But the Strat is superb!

Lefty, very nice photos. How old is the pupp now?

Chief000731

Practically Family
Carl, very nice Hat collection! The Optimo is my favorite on you!

B.J, looks good the new one!

Eric, great Lee today, one great Hat after the other! But the Strat is superb!

Lefty, very nice photos. How old is the pupp now?
Thank you very much Manfred I love the Optimo myself, it's probably my favorite.
Carl

99benzman

New in Town
Sunny and in the 70's today so time to bring out the summer hats. Todays theme is vintage so I am sporting this vintage Knox straw and barbershop combo...

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Pocket Borsalino, courtesy of lounger Tonyb. Thanks, Tony. I love it and fits like a glove. Detailed pics and description tonight. (Color is pretty accurate)

d953ca45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran