Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, my friend, thank you very much. Inspired of your Optimo and many other Panama ribbons, I thought I pimp my Panama with
new Vintage ribbon, what I found on a flea market, a couple weeks ago. Yes I made it myself.
Dude is the same as friend. Is it right?

Indeed, and thanks again, Manfred!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Al, Great photos. It's wonderful that you make such good use of the facilities that are available to you. I love to see photos of your outings. The Optimo montecristi looks fantastic.

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
Nice weather in Holland.

So a panama from PB. I bought this panama just for the right size - 7 1/8 is a bit to small and this one, size 7 1/4, is a bit to large. My size is exact 57,5 cm. I'm waiting for a really nice (and expensive) panama from PB. But till so far this one on a bike-tour with my wife (she made this photograph):

10639615mc.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The products of my weekend thus far:

'going out to dinner with the wife warranted a Dobbs Milan, the only straw I'm really comfortable wearing out.

016copy.jpg

been avoiding this activity for the past few months, but it just needed to happen this weekend, with a Dobbs lord's hat:

019copyv.jpg

and a little yardwork/cleaning the gutters just in time for last evening's thunderstorms in my Stetson Austral.

image28copy.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks-- I like your Panama, too, Herdick-- the one you are waiting for must be amazing, indeed!

That pipe does have a lot of straight grain, finished with a russet-colored sandblast. I actually had it custom-made by Kevin Arthur a few years ago, before he became so revered in the pipe-making industry. It's a kind of barrel-sided poker, where the sides are convex rather than straight. Probably my best one, alongside one Ardor and a Fikri Baki meerschaum.

Sorry to be OT, everyone! ;)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Happy Memorial Day to all from Minnesota this afternoon.

IMG1441-M.jpg

This morning I have been hanging out enjoying living on the waterfront. Water level is up noticably. This afternoon, I need to trim brush and a cut up a couple of fallen limbs (resulting from the hard rains this week and weekend). The mosquitoes are out in force. My Dobbs summer hat is working like a charm to protect my head from the bugs as well as the sun.

Ahhh, off to my chores.

Hatted Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Al; Thanks for sharing your weekend in Chicago pics. It appears ike you had a full schedule. I do like the places that your pics showcase. Chicago is an enjoyable place to visit. My Chicago adventure was Friday/Saturday. Quick! BTW: The hats in your pics are truly GRAND! The new felt and off course the straws are wonders. Just plain wonders. I bet they are even better in person.

Chief/Jefe; Good to see your pics. Looking good sir.

Jeff; A big howdy to the Dakota musician sir. Howdy! Nice hats. You certainly have a huge variety of hats and wear them well.

Mr.Herdick; Great shot of you hatted and with a pretty background. Your part of the world is very pretty during the spring. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal; Your presumed tolerance for the hot weather I admire. Hot in Texas I hear. My father in law resides in S.Padre. I spoke to him this morning and he is wearing his 3" sombrero fishing in the gulf. He said that he would look for a bigger brim for the hot summer weather approaching. I looked this morning on-line and have arranged for a new hat to be delivered next week for him. It will be a HUGE brim. Be carefull what you ask.

Eric -

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal; Your presumed tolerance for the hot weather I admire. Hot in Texas I hear. My father in law resides in S.Padre. I spoke to him this morning and he is wearing his 3" sombrero fishing in the gulf. He said that he would look for a bigger brim for the hot summer weather approaching. I looked this morning on-line and have arranged for a new hat to be delivered next week.

Eric -

I love South Padre. It's beautiful down there. Texas is very hot. So hot in fact that it can be difficult at times. Last summer was rather brutal. For me, hats are a necessity in both hot and cold weather. I've been wearing a nice vintage Panama today. Enjoy your new summer hat (when it arrives)!

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I love South Padre. It's beautiful down there. Texas is very hot. So hot in fact that it can be difficult at times. Last summer was rather brutal. For me, hats are a necessity in both hot and cold weather. I've been wearing a nice vintage Panama today. Enjoy your new summer hat (when it arrives)!

People keep forgetting that there are places / climates where you definitely NEED a hat. Even good ol´ Germany can be such a place at times and a colleague (who is always joking about my hats) found out the hard way by getting a "nice" sunstroke last week. Man, he was sick.... :D

Back to topic...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
People keep forgetting that there are places / climates where you definitely NEED a hat. Even good ol´ Germany can be such a place at times and a colleague (who is always joking about my hats) found out the hard way by getting a "nice" sunstroke last week. Man, he was sick.... :D

Back to topic...

Yes, a good sun hat and even a spine pad can help with that in those climates. The British discovered that first hand.

And yes, back on track...

Cheers!

Dan

DJH

I'll Lock Up
HH, Jeff, Eric, Vampyre Dude, nice hats today guys.

After my usual having to threaten to go elsewhere, I finally was able to get a hair appointment with my wife today.

Vintage Stetson Panama on a beautiful New Hampshire Holiday Monday.

smugshot1213774-L.jpg

JAVIER

Practically Family
Happy Memorial Day to all from Minnesota this afternoon.

IMG1441-M.jpg

This morning I have been hanging out enjoying living on the waterfront. Water level is up noticably. This afternoon, I need to trim brush and a cut up a couple of fallen limbs (resulting from the hard rains this week and weekend). The mosquitoes are out in force. My Dobbs summer hat is working like a charm to protect my head from the bugs as well as the sun.

Ahhh, off to my chores.

Hatted Eric -
Details please, I am digging your Dobbs, how do I get my hands on one like that, absolute fantastic! Looks like it was plucked from the set of Boardwalk Empire, again can we get some details on it, specs and history.

- Javier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy