Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Mrs Blackthorn and I made a trip up into the High Sierras during the last few days. Some shots:

In Tuolumne Meadows, with Half Dome (Yosemite) in the background:
DSCN6084.jpg

down in Yosemite Valley:
DSCN6318.jpg

hiking from Devil's Postpile to Rainbow Falls:
DSCN6385.jpg

Mrs B and me, enjoying the scenery:
DSCN6412.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Wonderful photos Blackthorn, that surely is beautiful country. You need to convince Mrs. Blackthorn that a fedora offers much better protection from the sun than a ball cap does.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful photos Blackthorn, that surely is beautiful country. You need to convince Mrs. Blackthorn that a fedora offers much better protection from the sun than a ball cap does.
I try and I try, BR, but it was a great accomplishment just to get her to wear a baseball cap (and she only did that because the part in her hair got sunburned the day before). And both sides of her face got slight sunburn the day of the Falls hike in spite of her cap, which wouldn't have happened...you know...if....

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful and delightful photos, Gentlemen! :eusa_clap

Steven: Just one photo from your hike in the woods? How about a few more!

Matt: A few more if you would, please!

Manfred: Damp looks lovely! Thank you for taking us along to the Baltic coast!

Jeff: Look forward to more images from your cross-country trip. Stunning views of an incredibly beautiful part of our country, topped with a pair of gorgeous lids!

Blackthorn: Your great photos bring back a flood of childhood memories for me. Did you hike a portion of the John Muir Trail?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful and delightful photos, Gentlemen! :eusa_clap

Steven: Just one photo from your hike in the woods? How about a few more!

Matt: A few more if you would, please!

Manfred: Damp looks lovely! Thank you for taking us along to the Baltic coast!

Jeff: Look forward to more images from your cross-country trip. Stunning views of an incredibly beautiful part of our country, topped with a pair of gorgeous lids!

Blackthorn: Your great photos bring back a flood of childhood memories for me. Did you hike a portion of the John Muir Trail?
We did, Delectans, briefly.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jared: Fine looking 4th of July portrait!

JAVIER: Congrats on your new old Penneys Panama, it is a sparkling hat!

Manfred: I see that you were well prepared for the winds off the Baltic. Great looking cap!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, wonderful photos and a beautiful country, thanks for sharing them with us!

Al, thank you very much, my friend. It,s indeed a harmonic place to rest.

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
I would like to join the list of compliments to Bowlerman and Blackthorn. Those are some great pictures.

I try and I try, BR, but it was a great accomplishment just to get her to wear a baseball cap (and she only did that because the part in her hair got sunburned the day before). And both sides of her face got slight sunburn the day of the Falls hike in spite of her cap, which wouldn't have happened...you know...if....

I know how this feels, my wife looks terific in a fedora,(posted in Milan Mania) but I can't get her to wear one. Last summer we were at the Biltmore outlet and they had several nice fedoras and a couple of porkpies that fit her very nicely. I said I would buy whatever she wanted.She told me I might as well use the money to buy more for myself, she wouldn't wear one.So, I did.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic stuff, Jeff. I love that part of the country.

Mountain biking in Moab, exploring Arches NP, best steaks ever at The Mint in Silverthorne, CO.

Great roadtrip = thanks for posting!

+1! Mucho gusto!

Jeff thanks tons for sharing! Love the shots. Thank your family for putting up with the hat shots. If your wife is like mine, she puts up with the hat pcis, but has a limit. Your wife exceeded the limit and it is much appreciatated by myself. This summer and fall I will not be able to make it out to that part of the USA. You pics feed my longing to visit. We have a home near Yellowstone on the Montana side and due to work and traveling we will not be able to visit until mid fall. I love that part of the country. You will have to live a bunch for me!

DJH; How correct you are the Mint is a classic stop for us in the mountains north of Denver. I did a stint as a PSIA Examiner (Prof. Ski Instructor Examiner (certifing instructors and coaches for 15 years and working being an active proffesional at many resorts around the world), my wife too, and I recall many evenings pleasantly spent at the Mint. Both courting my wife, with other ski professionals and as a client (kind of a "busman's holiday). The steak I cooked was somehow always the "best." Cheers dude. We possibly may have crossed paths during our times in the high country. My life as a ski pro was just sweet!

Anywhooo, very nostalgic memories for me. Heart be still - that area of the world is dear to me.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, fantastic photos as always!
Thanks you for letting us in on your trip.

Wow, you have such great shots of your adventures. Congrats sir, to you and your wife, on the interesting pics. I find your posts inspiring and motivating to get out and visit the world. Keep on traveling and sharing.

Best Eric -

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Excellent shot, Jared! That one should appear in the Dogs 'n' Hats thread for sure. :)
Love that shot, Jared!
great lids everyone! Happy 4th!

Jared, lol while that shot certainly does not provide the high resolution detail of your hat that one may come to expect in these parts, that is most definitely a great photo!
Jared, very nice photo with te puppy and sharp Hat.
Jared, Your 50s OR looks great. Also cool photo!
Nice OR. Is that pup a JRT?
Jared- Nice photo of a great hat and a new best friend.
Jared: Fine looking 4th of July portrait!

Thank you all for your kind words, glad this one was well received!

The OR is one of my favorite hats. I'm fortunate to have snagged some good deals on size 7 hats on eBay and this was no exception.

Grizzly: he sure looks like a JRT doesn't he? The dog I had before this little guy was a JRT, but this one is a terrier/chihuahua mutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff