Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
AL - great set of photos, and great set of hats. I think if I was forced to pick a favourite it would be Saturday's.

Thank you, Richard. You look like a million bucks in that bargain Biltmore.

Al, that looks like a fantastic weekend for hat friends. Wonderful group photo with Robert, Graham and your Son!
I see, that you all wearing sharp Panamas, right so!!

Many thanks for your kind words, Manfred. It was a most memorable Montecristi day!

Thank you for good wishes! Lots of hard to describe emotions, interspersed with heavy lifting.

AL, I don't remember seeing an optima block worn better than by the bloke in your photo. Wonderful pictures and a good weekend to get Robert out of Evanston. It was total gradlock in all our favorite locations.

I know of what you speak, Alan. Just attending Ryan's senior friends' grad parties and graduation, and seeing them scatter to the four winds this Summer brought forth a flood of emotions for Lydia and me as we think ahead to Ryan's senior year.

Thanks for your kind comments, and it was the consensus between everyone present, Lydia included, that this particular optimo looked perfect on Ryan. It was a very good Montecristi day for me, Robert, Ryan, and Graham, and it would have been even merrier had you and your family been able to join us. Next time...

Your Supernatural Leghorn is, well...transcendental.

Super pics, Al. I don't think I've ever seen a pic of Robert outside of his home. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough! :)

Looks like a fun time! :yo:

Thanks! A swell time was had by all. Look for more photos of Robert afield, coming to a thread near you! lol

Thanks Al. looks as though were having a blast at Montecristifest!

Thank you, David. Indeed, it does not get any better than that!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Alan, congrats to Lily!!!! You are also looking grand... great Supernatural!

David, I like that pug (is that what they are called?) That red just pops on that grey weave!

Orange, that is a nice lid, and it looks great on you!

Al, swell Montecristi! Do I spy Mr. Rlk?

Case, perfect hat for what looks to be a nice sunny day!

MoK, I like the look!

Javier, that is too cool! Hope you had fun!

RJ, I know the feeling all to well. But hey, I have my favorites, and will post them back to back on my noggin. If I feel like wearing it, on the head it goes! Your lid looks great on you!

Today, I wore this 1920s Cap, as the winds would have taken a hat for a free-flight.

04411.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Super cap, Justin!

Alan, a belated congratulations to you and your family! Your Milans are a quality and style to aspire toward.

Al, a productive excursion! Ryan really does look completely at home wearing the traditional Optimo crease.

So many great ones today.

Manfred, Here is the only photo I have of the Beaver Brand when it was new:

6rpu.jpg

Here it is as of tonight:
rx0n.jpg

I physically bought this at Hats America, which was TheFedoraStore.com's sort of outlet location in Custer, SD, before Duane sold it or retired or whatever. The felt is BB's entry level fur--5X-- which honestly isn't that great, but you'll see that the brim used to be wider and more suave, the crown higher and more square, and the fit, though tagged 56, was a perfect 57.

One heavy rainfall later, and everything warped. I've spent the last 3 years attempting to reblock, reflange, reposition the ribbon, and after a recent dousing in lighter fluid it seems to have shrunk a full size and now I'm trying to stretch it back again so that it doesn't leave a mark on my forehead!

I think one day I'd like to have something similar in an upgraded felt/ribbon/sweatband quality. Typically I prefer warmer colors in the beige family but this hat makes me reconsider a light color from the cool end of the spectrum.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Brent Black, David! You remind me that my montecristi never gets any wear because I don't like the dimensions and it's a tad large. I'll have to send it off to someone to get reblocked one of these days.

GTDean, your blue smoke wanderer-lite is out of this world, man. Sweet lid!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Very nice Brent Black, David! You remind me that my montecristi never gets any wear because I don't like the dimensions and it's a tad large. I'll have to send it off to someone to get reblocked one of these days.

GTDean, your blue smoke wanderer-lite is out of this world, man. Sweet lid!

Today, Resistol Kitten Finish Beaver Twenty "Monroe:"

g7md.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Justin, you wear that Cap great. A wonderful find!

RJ, is that the Flying Eagle your first Conversion, I think so, looks great!

Javier, very nice photo with the family and the Milan looks perfect for this action!

Alan, looks great on you the natural Leghorn!

Sam, very nice Cuenca. The right hat for a sunny day!

Jeff, the old photo shows a sharp hat and a proud Jeff! Unbelievable that you have so much work with it!.
The second photo shows clear the differences between the hats.

David, great Montecristi today!

Tom, always nice to see the great Wanderer!

Knox Premier Quality Milan

Thank you very much for the nice comments on the Supernatural Leghorn. It is one of a few more dressy straws that I've come across. This one is another... beautifully finished inside and out. I can't imagine it was ever worn before arriving at my place.

062613.jpg

knox_milan3.jpg

knox_milan4.jpg

DamianM

Vendor
Thank you very much for the nice comments on the Supernatural Leghorn. It is one of a few more dressy straws that I've come across. This one is another... beautifully finished inside and out. I can't imagine it was ever worn before arriving at my place.

062613.jpg

knox_milan3.jpg

knox_milan4.jpg

That is one beautiful Knox
That polka dot ribbon and the texture on the weave really make it for me.

Last edited:

Andrew

New in Town
Brent Black Montecristi on the way to Dunkin's

smugshot_214403-L.jpg

Beautiful hat DJH, proportions suit you well. I have to say, though, the tilt on your daily photos is getting a bit old. What was the name of the guy who used to do that before you? He used to post fine straw hats. Haven't seen him in a while.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Javier - very nice straw. Looks like you had a good time too.
RJ - It's a great beater to be addicted to.
Justin - The cap works really well with the suit.
Bowlerman - It still looks a nice hat. Good luck with the stretching. A lighter coloured felt is on my (long) want list.
David - lovely monticristi
gtD - lovely colour felt, lovely looking hat

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bowlerman - I like the wide ribbon on that Monroe

Alan - that's gorgeous, and looks in amazing condition

----------------

Thanks for all the comments on yesterday's Biltmore, here's another from the same lot:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to all for the compliments on the cap! It truly is a 'High Grade Cap'!

David, another winner!

Dean, love the color on that one!

Jeff, that has to be one of my favorites you have posted. Look's great on you!

Alan, spectacular Knox!

MoK, I love the pug on that one!

Jlee, very nice Resistol!

1920s Cap for another windy day.

01318.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up

Thanks Jeff. Yes, if you get the hat reblocked, it will have a whole new life. I like the Resistol you wore today.

David, great Montecristi today!

Thanks Manfred

Alan - love the Knox.

Beautiful hat DJH, proportions suit you well. I have to say, though, the tilt on your daily photos is getting a bit old. What was the name of the guy who used to do that before you? He used to post fine straw hats. Haven't seen him in a while.

Tell ya what, I'll change the angle from time to time so you don't get bored.

David - lovely monticristi

Cheers, Richard. This was an eBay bargain hat that was pretty much crushed when it arrived last year. I was able to get it somewhat back into shape, then during the winter Tom Gomez performed a little surgery to add a new sweatband and the wider ribbon. I'm very pleased with the result.

Nice to see that your weather has improved so you can enjoy the Biltmore haul!

Jared - don't recall seeing you with a stingy like that one before!

David, another winner!

Thanks, Splintz - nice cap today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24