Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic hats so far this weekend, I especially love Keith's Motorist cap

attachment.php

I'd love one of those, but I'm not sure I could pull it off, the way Worf and SS have done - I'm afraid I'd feel like I was in the Village People. Very tempted to give it a try at some point though.

Way more conventional for me - my favorite hiking hat (Akubra Tablelands) this morning and Tumwater Silverbelly later in the day

smugshot_6849043-L.jpg

Great to wake up to this fine bunch of Akubras (and VS and Tumwater). I am hoping to have enough $ left after the holidays to invest in a new hat, and thanks to all you guys I'm strongly leaning toward a campdraft.
After a few cups of coffee I felt inspired enough by Stuff's new cap to drag out my old B-wear cap for a rainy afternoon

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
This evening's hat had to be a Fez. I was at a Hookah bar and it just seemed the obvious choice. Its a genuine vintage fez circa 1950's with a leather sweat band, wool felt and signed made in Morocco.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Many thanks to you all for the good words about Barry's Motorist. After two days I had to drag it off my scalp to get some oxygen. Besides, the Split Pea was getting jealous.

Dh66, that's so cool you've got a similar design! Love the ivory color with the leather visor. Noice, as the Aussies say.

MoK, that Camp draft is something special indeed - the color and proportions are spectacular, and you cut a fine swath with your whole outfit.

I also wanted to mention to T Jones and g.durand that you may have the most hat-perfect faces I've ever seen - the lids just seem carved onto your heads!

Have a great day, fellas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I'm remiss not to mention the appearance of a fez on this fine forum... Rock on!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey DJH, you could surely pull it off... And what's the worst that could happen? You could get yourself clean, you could have a good meal, you could do whatever you feel!

g.durand

One Too Many
T Jones and Richard--thanks for the compliments.

T Jones--I believe you have it right about the relationship between Stetson and Akubra, but because I haven't really looked into the historical details, someone more knowledgeable may weigh in with an accurate account.

Richard--I think you cut a pretty dashing profile with your CD as well.

Roger--nice to see the Pecan VS make an appearance again.

dh66 and Tenorclef--it's always good to see other than fedoras. Thanks for adding to the extensive variety displayed here.

Stuffsmith--it's all in the camera angle my friend. You should see the shots that I delete from my photo cache.

David--two different looks for you today. The Tumwater is really a beauty. ....and you could sail the seven seas.

I got a chance to wear a second hat today after the skies cleared.

VS Whiskey
IMG_3137_zps3b15528d.jpg

IMG_3136_zps38100a55.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Great variety today fellas, even a Fez! Reminds me of the cryptic lyrics from Steely Dan: "No I'm never gonna do it without the Fez on"

Squeezed in another straw day with my BSHW Pandoroa

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, décerné, awesome Beret and a wonderful look!

Mike, perfect dressed for a great and sunny day! Looks good my friend!

G, Whiskey is a good drink all over the world why should it be different with a hat!
Yesterday you have no luck with the weather but you are good protected with one of the best!
Thanks for the too kind words! Much appreciated!

Tenorchef, love the Fez!

dh66, as sharp as Keith Cap. That ist made for you!

David, two wonderful lids for one day!

Roger, love that VS too. Great hat!

Richard, thanks that you ask. I thought the same. But, no not more luck. Why? I guess I have my luck on my head yesterday!
Sharp dressed Richard, I like your style!

Mingoslim, thanks for the kind words. That my favourite look for all my hats! I love not only my hats I love my leather jackets too! :peace:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - nice akubra, and beautiful Tumwater

Dh66 - great looking cap

Tenorclef - perfect seting for a Fez :)

g.d. - Lovely Whiskey, and I'm going to have to steal the trucker jacket & fedora combination :)

Mike - nice combination - I do love that pug

Sam - great to see a beret on here - they suit you.

jhe888 - Thanks. The jacket is from a smallish British company - Universal Works. It's what they call a 'Baker's Jacket' based on vintage workwear, this one's linen, but I've got one in twill and one in chambray - the design is a staple, but they do different fabrics/colours each season. http://www.universalworks.co.uk/

------------------
David - you need to grab a western and start singing:
(Go West) Life is peaceful there
(Go West) In the open air
(Go West) Where the skies are blue
(Go West) This is what we're gonna do

One thing with having a shoulder held together with a titanium plate following a cycling accident is I can no longer do the dance moves to YMCA. C'est la vie...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Richard, I'd forgotten about that Go West one. There was also a Macho Man song so I'll try and be more macho today.

Good photos from you this weekend - you too Manfred.

Early start for me, at Logan Airport with my Macho cap

smugshot_202776-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran