Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Following Harv's example with a vintage Strat of my own today. Hooray for casual Fridays!

afb01e74ef7699bdc4dde75961a259f2.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
Ghasltly! but how do we know that this is really you and not actually your evil twin trying to deceive us by posing as you?

Ha, my friends used to joke about this all the time. They named her Elektra, don't ask me why...
I assure you, it's me :)
I have 4 sisters and we don't even really look alike.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Cloches and Hommies and Strats, oh my! Such a nice Friday, such great hats! The Strats are awesome, fellas, and really make me drool. I have yet to find one to add to my collection. It's at or near the top of my list - if other "finds" wouldn't keep getting in the way. :p

Matt, that Premiere VF is Da Bomb! Great color and ribbon combo. Esther, the "unpurloined" hat looks like it's ready for a bike ride. Hope you didn't have to wrestle it away from sis.

Excellent hats and caps, everybody.

For this fine and freaky Friday, one of my faves. No surprise to anybody here it's a Dalton ("World's Finest!").

Picture2.png
Picture3.jpg

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Matt ... my absolute favorite Homburg

Harv & strapped loving the Strats guys ... you're making me want to wear one today

Jim that's a special Dalton ... I really want one of those but they never seem to turn up ... either that or you are snagging them before I see them

Kevlar

New in Town
HOD 3_11.JPG

Dobbs 1.JPG

Dobbs 2.JPG

Rainy weather today, so I wore the hat that I have nicknamed The Beater -- A Dobbs Golden Coach fedora that has seen better days. The inside of it is in like-new condition but the outside has cracked felt in the brim and some discoloring on the front pinch. There is also a wobbly asymmetrical flair on the left-hand side of the brim (not visible in photo.) Picked it up from Etsy for the purpose of wearing in inclement weather. And I like it a lot.

Super lid, Hoops! Perfectly executed welt on that brim!

Kevlar that's one of the nicest "beaters" I've seen in a while, sir!

My morning coffee routine may have been forever changed to this Israeli-style Turkish coffee. An eye-opening way to jump start the day! Rich and delicious flavor, efficiently brewed in the glass. Note the fine grinds in the bottom of the cup. I'll be needing some legitimate coffee glasses, though. All this under the blue steel VS felt!

20160311_092127.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Northwest this beautiful Florida morning. Everyone is looking great today!
T-Shirt weather in Florida, I remember walking around like it was summer, one early morning in January, in Florida. It was some years ago now, the locals thought that we were mad. Better not say too much or Hal will chastise me. Still, the sun is shining strong enough to wear the shades, and I couldn't resist the 'Woodie' & pin up shirt.
stripe 001.JPG
The blazer is obscuring the shirt's detail, here's a close up.
woody.jpg

Thanks, Anth! I was really planning on my brown Borsa Alessandria, to follow on your fantastic lead yesterday, but the coffee distracted.

GHT you've outdone yourself AGAIN, sir!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
GHT you've outdone yourself AGAIN, sir!
Thank you very much. you are from Boston. New England has been on our: 'To Do,' wish list for so long. She wants to see the famous foliage colour change in the fall. My wish, silly though it sounds, is to see and drive, through the Big Dig.

Matt ... my absolute favorite Homburg

Harv & strapped loving the Strats guys ... you're making me want to wear one today

Jim that's a special Dalton ... I really want one of those but they never seem to turn up ... either that or you are snagging them before I see them

Thanks, man. After a quick run on them over the summer, I haven't seen a decent one for months. But yeah, I'm all over one if I find it!

Thank you very much. you are from Boston. New England has been on our: 'To Do,' wish list for so long. She wants to see the famous foliage colour change in the fall. My wish, silly though it sounds, is to see and drive, through the Big Dig.

Having grown up in "The Maple Center Of The World," St. Johnsbury, Vermont, I feel somewhat qualified to recommend some of the best leaf-peeping places possible. Light and timing are the critical factors to literally breathtaking scenery. Plan to visit near to the northern US border in the last week of September, first week of October for optimal viewing. Again, Sugar Maple trees are the ticket to top color, so stick to our area and you shouldn't be disappointed.

In Boston, there isn't much to see in "the Big Dig" anymore, just the water leaking into the tunnels under the harbor... But at least you and Mrs. GHT can get a nice selfie standing next to the Gen. Hooker statue in front of the State House

Of course, let me know when you plan your trip. There really are more great things to see, without bothering with any Revolutionary War sites...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There really are more great things to see, without bothering with any Revolutionary War sites...
There was an amusing piece in the British Press some months ago, I don't know if it made your newspapers. American writes to the Queen asking her to take back control of the US because Presidential candidates 'aren’t up to par' And to his absolute amazement, he got a reply from Buckingham Palace.
On the subject of Mega structures, have you ever seen The Millau Bridge in France. A bridge that soars above the clouds.
That video is just a minute or so long, but if it fascinates you, look for the link that gives you a full history of it's construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou