Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Grey, hazy Marathon Monday in my 20's Genuine Velour.

616bd409ef50a63f89e3105d668da4b9.jpg
1f7e46680e2bf1848bd4a2b37d2fd897.jpg

Have a great day!
I like alot of things abt that hat.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. Home tonight showcasing my my new Gannon Charcoal Wanderer-Fray fedora. It is summer early evening lighting which distorts the pics. When the light is more cooperative, I will post additional pics of the hats details.

i-SWSvSt2-M.jpg

Mid-width charcoal ribbon with wind cord on a charcoal beaver felt. Frayed end of ribbon and knot is my preferable choice for this hat.

i-RcDsxzP-M.jpg

Straight side block with a flatter flange. I like it this way on this beaver hat.

i-TnrfSS2-M.jpg

Best on this 78'F evening. I have put the hat on for pics to showcase and taken it off to wear my big box hardware store straw hat, Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric and Bob , Look what I found at Tractor Supply a week or two ago ... View attachment 53314

Michael; Great find! The price is absolutely correct for the hat. When I walk out to the garden or have to work/sweat hard - the hat is a go to summer hat. I do find the green visor entertaining, not so much functional. I went out shortly ago to pick tomatoes. cucumbers, peppers and beets from the garden. The green visored hat was the PERFECT selection. I am preparing refrigerator pickled beets/cukecumbers, a salad with smoked Lake Superior herring and a sweeter white wine.

i-tgKmV9T-M.jpg

Dinner on it's way and my hat is back on the "hat rack." If you want to share dinner, just yell ahead of time.

Eric-
i-j55zxx7-M.jpg

Last edited:

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. Home tonight showcasing my my new Gannon Charcoal Wanderer-Fray fedora. It is summer early evening lighting which distorts the pics. When the light is more cooperative, I will post additional pics of the hats details.

i-SWSvSt2-M.jpg

Mid-width charcoal ribbon with wind cord on a charcoal beaver felt. Frayed end of ribbon and knot is my preferable choice for this hat.

i-RcDsxzP-M.jpg

Straight side block with a flatter flange. I like it this way on this beaver hat.

i-TnrfSS2-M.jpg

Best on this 78'F evening. I have put the hat on for pics to showcase and taken it off to wear my big box hardware store straw hat, Best, Eric -
Thats a fine looking hat....still looking for a Gannon that I dont really like....will be veey hard to find.

I have a severe case of hat envy now....

I am getting my Powder Blue tomorrow, cant wait.

Regards

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

i-SWSvSt2-M.jpg

i-RcDsxzP-M.jpg

i-TnrfSS2-M.jpg

That looks Great Eric ! Boy I've been thinking about Dark Gray , or Charcoal , too . Michael nailed that frayed Ribbon on yours and my Natural . He does Excellent Work ! I love that Hat ! BUT ... I love them All ! :D

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

i-SWSvSt2-M.jpg

i-RcDsxzP-M.jpg

i-TnrfSS2-M.jpg

What an absolutely gorgeous hat. I normally just hit "Like" when I see a nice hat, but this one deserves special recognition. With that in mind, though, I must say that I once again freaked out when I saw it sitting on those pine boughs. I know you're careful about it and it makes for a great photo, but I keep worrying you're going to get sap on it. My nerves can't handle it.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
What an absolutely gorgeous hat. I normally just hit "Like" when I see a nice hat, but this one deserves special recognition. With that in mind, though, I must say that I once again freaked out when I saw it sitting on those pine boughs. I know you're careful about it and it makes for a great photo, but I keep worrying you're going to get sap on it. My nerves can't handle it.

ABSOLUTELY ! You nail that Bob , but I don't worry about the sap , Eric knows . It's probably worse under a Oak or a Maple , if you stand there . They sprinkle sap .

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ABSOLUTELY ! You nail that Bob , but I don't worry about the sap , Eric knows . It's probably worse under a Oak or a Maple , if you stand there . They sprinkle sap .
I worked my way through college by trimming trees and can recall having to throw out work gloves because of sap. The absolute worst trees, though, are sycamores, the slobs of the arboreal world.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Even though I am not a make up loving woman I do enjoy quite the extensive skincare routine.
There are lots of reasons but I'm not going to bore you with that.

You all know about SPF but there is UPF as well.
This stands for ultraviolet protection factor.
Meaning clothes and other things you can wear to protect yourself for damaging UV rays.

I am applying to become a certified UPF hat maker.
Especially for hats for the little ones, but just as much for grown up skins.
It really is very important.

Well, I'm done being a nagging woman now.

Keeping myself protected under a dense weave and a bucket load of 50+++ SPF sunblock.
It's insanely hot and sunny here. Having lunch by myself in the shade and breeze before a meeting.
54fecea7e7b3de3964b0b19b375c086b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner