Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A men's hat today, which since it's my size (57cm) I'm happily beta testing. I've made the hat block myself and I'm pretty pleased with the modern shape, yet reminiscent of so many other styles...
6c1c18f3126c93da0d105411e9a56b9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great post!! Looks good Kuki!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A men's hat today, which since it's my size (57cm) I'm happily beta testing. I've made the hat block myself and I'm pretty pleased with the modern shape, yet reminiscent of so many other styles...

Are thoes dents or is the hat that shape? Looks like an interesting variation of the green alpine hat. Very cool.
Johnny

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Very cool looking hat. What shape is the block you made? What is it made out of?

The hat party you linked earlier looked like it was a lot of fun.

Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
One of the great things about Northern California (besides Dungeness crab, sourdough bread, awesome tie-dye and high-test doobage of course) is that you can have a straw day in December. Gotta take advantage of whatever sun there is this tine of the year!
An early tryout of this Borsalino Panama I found Saturday for $5. After a bit of TLC, of course.

a9fa3e3d61c898702a3053c75cc9c3f3.jpg
5874808ac81010c59ec20850d04c7b7b.jpg

I like how the crown turned out, even after working around a weak spot in the straw. The fit is nice and the dimensions are just about what I like in a sunny day hat. Not the finest or best Panama ever made, but still nice to have a Borso beater! :D

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.

Thanks!

Posted in a link by John Pennman the other day.

"The Ivy cap, or flat cap, is similar to the newsboy, only without the floppy 8 panels and the button on top. This style, which traces its history from Southern Italy, Northern England, and parts of Scotland, also wins the awards for the most names. It is also referred to as a cabbie cap, longshoreman’s cap, cloth cap, scally cap, Wigens cap, ivy cap, golf cap, duffer cap, driving cap, bicycle cap, Jeff cap, Steve cap, Irish cap, Paddy cap…in Scotland as a bunnet, in Wales as a Dai cap, and in England and New Zealand, as a cheese-cutter."

http://articlesofstyle.com/60664/a-guide-to-mens-hat-styles/
Love this! It is my favorite style of soft cap. I have a modern Stetson tweed that I like. It think I'll start calling it a Cheese Cutter! Fart jokes notwithstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay