Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.F. Hess "Praga", this hat is from my 2015 Czech find. O.F. Hess was a hat company located in Bohemia Czechoslovakia (now Czechia) that didn't survive much past the end of WWII.

31234322590_911fc80607_c.jpg

30797022413_9c133328f3_c.jpg

31606995135_10bee2414b_c.jpg
A special hat that is a lesson in geography, I like that!

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Nice looking lines. More history please! Is it rare, or just a name of the designer/maker?
Giorgio Cellini, as far as I'm aware, is the name of hats made by Biltmore for Henry the Hatter in Detroit. Despite being made for a place in Detroit, its still a Canadian hat. I got mine from an online auction. As far as I can tell, it's about the same as a Royal Biltmore with a different liner. Not too sure I'd pay the price of one new,(I'm pretty sure they still are sold online) but it's definitely worth what I paid. It's survived everything from a little rain to being outdoors during a tornado.
Also, I have no clue who Giorgio Cellini is.

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Miraculously, our participating beautiful women population has actually doubled on this thread, now including the also-mesmerizing @Kuki and the sweet lids she has shown us thus far! Good things are happening on the Lounge!
Well, thank you @hatsRme the bar is set very high with the amazing style of @EstherWeis and as for the doubled population, that's not so hard when you go from one to two! ;-)

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Looking quite stylish. A corduroy pugaree is interesting, love the contrast of the blue. You are a stunning lady!
Hi there Red, it's not strictly a pugaree if does give the feeling of it. And thanks for the compliment!

Ten degrees feeling like minus three. Alright. Going for a walk in a seldom seen in these parts knit cap. This one my sister knit for me, as well as the scarf.
P1220351 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Topped off with some Maine Guide hood.
P1220346 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Lots of nice hats being worn today by all. Enjoy the day.
12-12-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael
Michael, how you manage to look stylish under so many layers is quite a feat, fine knitting by the way. It's 74ºF here in Barcelona and it feels cold to me, so I would not last a day in your neck of the woods! We must have a couple of days of "super cold" 38ºF a year and that's about it...

O.F. Hess "Praga", this hat is from my 2015 Czech find. O.F. Hess was a hat company located in Bohemia Czechoslovakia (now Czechia) that didn't survive much past the end of WWII.

31234322590_911fc80607_c.jpg

30797022413_9c133328f3_c.jpg

31606995135_10bee2414b_c.jpg
Beautiful "meliert" felt and great shape. How is the center of the bow done, three pleats of a wider ribbon? In any case looking cool as always.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Well, thank you @hatsRme the bar is set very high with the amazing style of @EstherWeis and as for the doubled population, that's not so hard when you go from one to two! ;-)

2 is better than one, that's for sure!
Glad to have you around!!!
And, thank you. Sweet of you to say. I look like I crawled out of a cave most times, but sometimes When the mood strikes I do like to get fancied up.

Catching up and... Wham!! Wow!!! @EstherWeis those pics and hats are just amazing, really really gorgeous and stylish, wonderful hats!

Aww thank you Cristina, glad you like them :)
Safe travels back home?

Kuki

One of the Regulars
2 is better than one, that's for sure!
Glad to have you around!!!
And, thank you. Sweet of you to say. I look like I crawled out of a cave most times, but sometimes When the mood strikes I do like to get fancied up.

Aww thank you Cristina, glad you like them :)
Safe travels back home?
Safe and sound in Barcelona! I don't usually get fancied up either, and like you when the mood strikes I go over the top. Being on my FL "what are you wearing today" honeymoon I am making an effort... I'm sure I will be looking my usual grumpy self with repeat hats soon enough, once the novelty wears off ;)

Stark contrast to yesterday I know :)

9d22ebb7d9af15f638e483b173ebf6dc.jpg

For those who are interested in that biiiig bow.
52fe5896060a1dbc44cc294c43539da5.jpg
Love that bow knot treatment, the two textures really work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran