Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Mojave Jack said:
Whoops! Sorry, IndyCop, that wasn't a come on! :eusa_doh: I meant to address that question to AirForceIndy! Prime Beef (Base Engineer Emergency Force) are Air Force Civil Engineers that specialize in bare base operations, setting up everything necessary to get an airfield up and running from nothing to fully functional in -- what AirForceIndy?-- about 45 minutes? Ok, that's exaggerating, but darn quick. There are also RED HORSE units that specialize in heavy construction, but they generally wear a red hat. AirForceIndy's hat has the CE skill badge on it, but it's black so I thought he might be Prime Beef.

OK, glad we got that cleared up! lol

...mobilize and set up bare base in a remote location in under 72 hours:D No, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to be on one of those teams, or a RED HORSE (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operator... something-something, I hate all the acronyms in the military!:rage: ) unit. I have deployed with RED HORSE to A-Stan in '04, but other than that I've been just regular-ol' base CE for 6 years in the electric shop. What's your background?

Regards, Andy

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
airforceindy said:
...mobilize and set up bare base in a remote location in under 72 hours:D No, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to be on one of those teams, or a RED HORSE (Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operator... something-something, I hate all the acronyms in the military!:rage: ) unit. I have deployed with RED HORSE to A-Stan in '04, but other than that I've been just regular-ol' base CE for 6 years in the electric shop. What's your background?

Regards, Andy

Former weather forecaster and current historian. I'm Reserves now, but all my active duty was in the Marine Corps (artillery). Now that I'm a wing historian (since '99), I'm really loving it. I get to hang out with all the folks all over the unit (spent a lot of time with the 201st RED HORSE Flight when I was with the 193rd Special Operations Wing during OIF, and learned a lot about their capabilities. Really impressive.) and get to see the AF from a whole new perspective. Historian is the first job in my career that I actually chose, and there's nothing I'd rather do!

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Cool!

:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

I grew up AF, Dad was a Power Pro troop in CE. So, I knew I wanted to be CE whenever I joined; didn't matter what career, just had to be CE. Now I'm in the High Voltage shop at Ellsworth (28th Bomb Wing), been here since May '02, and loving it!!!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
B-N-T Panama

A warm evening requires a cool hat

MVC-487F.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
Whoops! Sorry, IndyCop, that wasn't a come on! :eusa_doh: I meant to address that question to AirForceIndy! Prime Beef (Base Engineer Emergency Force) are Air Force Civil Engineers that specialize in bare base operations, setting up everything necessary to get an airfield up and running from nothing to fully functional in -- what AirForceIndy?-- about 45 minutes? Ok, that's exaggerating, but darn quick. There are also RED HORSE units that specialize in heavy construction, but they generally wear a red hat. AirForceIndy's hat has the CE skill badge on it, but it's black so I thought he might be Prime Beef.

OK, glad we got that cleared up! lol
Haha, I thought it was some kinda saying for meathead or something !lol

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you gentlemen for the compliments.

Rover , I have been well but very busy with work. The same with you I suppose.

Jerekson thanks for the suggestion however I feel the boxed front compliments the C-crown nicely so for the time being I will keep it as is.

J.S.,this hat is quick becoming one of my favorites as well I particularly like the slight mushrooming of the crown caused by the very tight ribbon.

Indy, Tango and Bolthead, My goal is to find hats that will compliment or match all of my clothing. I want to narrow my collection down to about 20 to 25 hats per season. that should give me a good amount of variety. It is not an easy search.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Bud-n-Texas, Great hats really like the color of the first one.
BrotherBob, you look like a man who has great stories!
Douglas, another gorgeous hat.

Barb

One of the Regulars
That's a LOT of fine lids

and every image you posted shows they all look great. random abstract thought - is your collection insured ? it would be impossible to replace vintage gear, but...

DOUGLAS said:
... I want to narrow my collection down to about 20 to 25 hats per season. that should give me a good amount of variety. ...

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
I want to narrow my collection down to about 20 to 25 hats per season. that should give me a good amount of variety. It is not an easy search.

20 to 25 per season? When I first read those words, I was shocked. Shocked, I say! Only 40 to 50 hats? Then I remembered, there are four "seasons" not just two. Then you have early fall and late fall, early winter and... :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot