Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
BrotherBob said:
Hat by Dockers...honest...at an astounding $20.00.

l_2981cba1b4a27486ec5b6e5de9a24741.jpg

I've got one exactly like that (Well, I did throw away the feather). I tried to get rid of the hat a couple of times, but each time I tried it on again and was astounded at how comfortable it is. (All the more unbelievable when you consider it's an elastic sweatband!)

I'll probably go for all the good I can get out of mine, and I imagine you will, too! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Marty M.

Vendor
An old but not worn Worth.

This is a Worth & Worth "Treviso" hat made in Columbia. I bought it new in 1988. This is actually the first time that I've ever worn it. It's a very soft felt. If anyone knows more about this hat I'd love to know. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

P1010200-1.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010201.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010202.jpg
[/IMG]

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Been off line for a bit...

Did some major upgrades to my computer right after Thanksgiving, then had problems with the satellite dish. :-(

But, to get caught up:

RBH said:
Very nice TY, I also like that licence plate!:D

Thanks, RBH! I'd wanted another personalized plate for a while but was having a hard time coming up with one that hadn't been used. On a whim I tried FEDORA and FLOUNGER. Both were available, but thought some people might thing a flounger was some kind of fish :eusa_doh: so went with FEDORA instead. I had to tell the clerk at the BMV what a fedora was ("I'm wearing one on my head.") and write the definition on the request. Linux fans might make a Red Hat Linux connection, though.

carter said:
Tom, I covet that green Champ! I have a couple but neither is green.
Both you and Douglas make wearing green a fashion statement.
I am.....envious. :)

Carter

Thanks, Carter... a while back I considered bidding on a dark green leather trench coat (German WWII) and now regret not doing so. It would have gone great with this hat!

deelovely said:
Tango Yankee... Nice hat and nice coat!! Looks like you are enjoying some cool weather. I wore shorts and a t-shirt today. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Thank you, Deelovely! Yes, it cooled down here for Thanksgiving. The next morning we even had a bit of snow on the ground. I've had shorts and t-shirt holidays in the past, though--I'm originally from Los Angeles. :D

mingoslim said:
The hat, the coat, the car . . . you look great.

And Douglas, I only wish I could look that good on my best days . . . you seem to manage it every day.;)

Thanks, Mingoslim! Some day I'd like to have an actual vintage car, but for now the Cruiser does the trick. And I gotta agree with you about Douglas. I'm still new at dressing nice in civilian clothes, but Douglas certainly is an inspiration!

indycop said:
Tango the hat and the coat look great!!:eusa_clap I used to have a leather trench that I wore 24/7.

I appreciate it, Indycop! I've worn regular trench coats before, but this is my first leather one. I like it!

airforceindy said:
Tom, do I spy a USAF Retired emblem on you license plate?

Regards, Andy

Andy, you've got a good eye! I retired a bit over two years ago as a Senior after 25 years. I was in the Comm-Computer Ops field. My wife is a retired Tech; she did 20 years and has been retired for 12 years now.

At night I still have dreams about being in uniform--I really miss it. Fortunately, I just found on USAJOBS that the Dept of the AF is advertising for IT manager GS positions at just about every base in the world, so I'm applying. I'm hoping to be able to get into either Wright-Pat, or to go back to England to RAF Alconbury/Molesworth. That would be just too cool!

Now I've got to get caught up on all the great photos posted since I went off-line. :D

Cheers,
Tom

The Average Joe

New in Town
I wore this one in to the office today...as I probably will for the rest of the winter (minus the kerchief and gun belt).

taj01103107a.jpg

I'm no cowboy reenactor, but considering I'm a handgun collector, I have an appearance that I feel is expected of me.
Plus, I love the old classic westerns.

Since finding the Fedora Lounge via my good friend and fellow member, Wecrosscreek, I'm now in the market for a top shelf fedora like the one's I've seen other fellow members wearing.

I was not aware that this classic lifestyle was around. Being from middle Tennessee (Nashville area), I've never seen anyone sporting a classic fedora or dress.
I, however, have worn hats since I was 18 years old.

RBH

Bartender
I like that fedora Mingo!
Marty, that hat looks vintage to me, very nice!
Bolt, you are getting like Douglas, they all look good on you!
Thanks TY, wondered where you were!
Joe , welcome to the Lounge and you look great!
DMan you are looking kinda mysterious . I like it.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Marty M. said:
This is a Worth & Worth "Treviso" hat made in Columbia. I bought it new in 1988. This is actually the first time that I've ever worn it. It's a very soft felt. If anyone knows more about this hat I'd love to know. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

P1010200-1.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010201.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010202.jpg
[/IMG]
Marty, Great hat!!! you really need to get that website up!!:rolleyes:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marty M. said:
Marty Mathis

P1010200-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks a bit too big for you, Marty. ;)

fatwoul

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
This is a Worth & Worth "Treviso" hat made in Columbia. I bought it new in 1988. This is actually the first time that I've ever worn it...

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, Marty, but do you mean that you bought this hat almost twenty years ago, and waited until yesterday to wear it?

How can that be?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner