Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frykitty

Familiar Face
My "new" old best friend

posted some pics in new hats thread, thought I should put a couple here too.
Borsalino not sure the age, but I love it.
Picture012.jpg

Picture017.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Douglas -- great lid. That is the only other Stetson Avenue I have ever seen. It would be great to see more photos (inside and out) of that lid, if you're of a mind. I'd be interested to know how it compares to the "Avenue" in this thread.

As a sign of solidarity, I'll be wearing my Stetson Avenue today, as well -- although the photo wasn't taken in today's snow...;)

Avenue.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Douglas -- great lid. That is the only other Stetson Avenue I have ever seen. It would be great to see more photos (inside and out) of that lid, if you're of a mind. I'd be interested to know how it compares to the "Avenue" in this thread.

Hey jtl, here are a couple of other pics of the hat. I think it is Fourties or a bit before. The felt is fantastic and can still take different creases at will.
DSCN5009.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3533.jpg

DSCN3530.jpg

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

DSCN3861.jpg

DSCN6870.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Today, I decided to blend in with the local culture. Resistol XXX, 4" brim.

P1060665.jpg

Yesterday, it was my Stetson Temple, in the color they call "SAGE.". I just happen to have a sport coat the same color.

P1060672.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
Great hats, all...

J.T.,
Thirty-five years of life in Texas, and I've never owned a Cowboy hat ( beyond the Open Road ;) ). Quick: Resistol or Stetson?

kiltie

Practically Family
...and not to crawfish, but it's not feminine in color or whatever, but just the idea of layered ribbons. Maybe I need to see more pictures.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Kiltie, I am not exploring my feminine side. :eek: Hmmm...perhaps I should. Nah. :D

Yes, There are two ribbons. There are more pictures here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=37638

Jimmy bound the brim and changed the original ribbon for a wider one. I then asked if he would add a second, narrower ribbon that matched the edge binding atop the black one. So he did. I kinda, sorta like it but now I wonder if it isn't a bit too much. Comments are welcome.

Maybe this is a work in progress. [huh]

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
I like the idea of it, I just don't personally think that hat is the right vehicle for said idea. Personally, I think it'd look better sans the black and with the matching silvers.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
My Tony B lid after work:D
635elliott067yh5.jpg

Glamour shot with my gang sportin our work lids.lol
635elliott064kb7.jpg

And my lid from Tony lid takes a beating and grins in response

Frykitty

Familiar Face
I really like the two tone ribbons, its something you don't see often. J.T. you dyed you hat with hair dye??? You are far braver than I, I would be too afraid of the unknown consequences of my actions, but it seems to have worked out for you marvelously. :eusa_clap

Here's my hat for the day: a stingy Champ... 60's I guess. It's a little rough around the edges, but that's how I like it.
100_0593.jpg

100_0590.jpg

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Double Ribbons Question

I've been thinking about the two tone ribbon treatment, is there much evidence of this kind of modification in the past e.g. 40's or 50's ? Or is this a more of a modern phenomenon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran