Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
JTMarcus, would that Stetson be one of the "Temple of Doom" era offerings? As you demonstrate, these certainly looked way, way better than current "official" Indy hats... Those Disney characters behind you seem to be excited about it, too. ;)

Yes, the hat was produced at the time of the "Temple of Doom." At that time, Stetson had the Indaiana Jones hat license. Hats were made in both wool and fur felt. (The one shown above is fur.) Eventually, Stetson relinquished the license, and Dorfman-Pacific picked it up. Stetson , however, had a pretty good fur felt design that they saw no reason to scrap. So, they took the Indiana Jones hat, replaced the padded fabric sweatband with a leather one, and re-named it the "Temple." They also produced an all beaver model, called the "Pinnacle." Both hats are still in production.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
So I went with the Stetson Pinnacle today, it's first swim since the mods by Major Moore....
pinacletd2.jpg

It may just be my imagination, but that hat seems to be getting better looking. A little water never hurt any beaver. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I also had one of those fur-felt 1984 Indiana Jones Stetsons. Apart from the lame cloth sweatband, it was a beautiful hat, with excellent quality felt. I wore the heck out of it for several years, until I went up a size and retired it.

Alas, it was one of the many things that got lost in my divorce a few years back...

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Converted GC Hampshire with A-2 in the rain

IMG_0838.jpg

It was wet out all day yesterday so I wanted to break in my new old converted GC Hampshire with my Cooper A-2 .. both performed wonderfully .. going to my birthday party, everyone kidded me that I had the Indy look going on... I had the khakis & boots but no whip or bag! ;)

----------------
Now playing: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Windows
via FoxyTunes

carter

I'll Lock Up
Wil, I think you own that slightly off-center brim break! I'm diggin' the shades in the rain and the 'stache.

Continuing with the Gun Clubs, here's a 2008 (I'm certain) Gun Club in silverbelly. It was blocked a bit low so I raised the front, tightened the pinch, and raised & elongated the dents.
3390756120_722c27186d.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Today, Akubra Homburg black, while watching the memorial for the LEOs murdered in Oakland. A somber week around here.

ba-oakslay28_fun_0499957318.jpg

I respect every man and woman that wears their hat every day in service for my family and I. A hat of honor and sacrifice that money cannot buy.
God Bless...

funneman

Practically Family
Great looking hats RBH. I've never noticed the earring before, is that a recent addition? I was beginning to feel that besides Slim I was the only lounger wearing ear jewelry. Could be a new thread there, "Show us your earrings?"

Gene, great hats as well, as always. BTW, I really like that oxblood alligator belt.

portolon, that's one great looking jacket and those boots too. Ostrich?

CG, glad to hear the hubby is succumbing to the lure of the fedora. I had to smile about him wearing the hat in church. I wear mine to Temple all the time. Even though you're supposed to have your head covered, it still feels funny to wear a hat in a house of worship. I get a lot of favorable comments as well.

RBH

Bartender
funneman said:
Great looking hats RBH. I've never noticed the earring before, is that a recent addition? I was beginning to feel that besides Slim I was the only lounger wearing ear jewelry. Could be a new thread there, "Show us your earrings?"

Thank you funneman, the milans from Miller are nice hats!
I got the ear ring eight years ago when I turned 40.... one of those things I guess. :D
I think there are several here that have them.... PabloElFlamenco is one that comes to mind... he wears a great thin ribbon!!

Stetson100026-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo