Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Ahh, Led Zepplin. I have it on many workout playlists in the gym. The gymnasts call it "old guy music." I remind them that "Old Guys Rule." Excellent example of bowlers worn in public. It will take more practice to be comfortable in this style. Practice, practice and more practice. Perhaps more bowlers...ahhh.

Harv, you are batter man than me sir! A vacation - what in the world are those? I have seen them in the movies. Seriousely I wish you truly only best wishes to you and family during your vacation.

This morning I was up before the sun came above the horizon and was hanging at the lake shore enjoying the cool morning with a cup of coffee. I wore my Pendleton wool robe and a vtg. Champ lightweight (gray) for comfort - certainly not style. The Loons, roosting Eagles, wading birds, and ducks and I were not concerned with style before 5:30am.

i-8k4Z3Qc-M.jpg

i-PKkxXFc-S.jpg

i-VS6NbG5-S.jpg

Dogs and I walked around the lake and I spiffed up and wore my VS Weston (silvermist colored beaver felt) inspired fedora. DJH has one similar and I think they have gorgeous lines and details. I share a pic of the inside of the hat as it usually has interest to us hat folks. When I show the inside to acquaintances, mostly they nod politely.

i-MSM2cx4-M.jpg

i-DspV6Vr-M.jpg

i-T37B8sL-M.jpg

I am enjoying a day off. I have a couple of "new" hats taking naphtha baths and a couple getting a "Scout" cleaning. House, yard and beach chores can be completed around hat chores today. Sweet!

Best, Eric -

Hello Eric,

What is the ribbon colour on your silver mist ?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely.

Rodolfo

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
If that's one you're looking to replace, I can send you a bit of vintage ribbon that should match up fairly well.

nah...

the thin ribbon Borsalino I just bought showed up without a button ... I ordered the ones you posted and am in the process of finding the right ribbon color

thank you though for the offer ... and if you have any gray ribbon ...

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Great, great hats today, gentlemen!
Moon loving the OR and your creases
rclark, sweet Strat
2016-02-052010.12.38_zpsn2bgxcqm.jpg

420b2f7b-8e3b-407a-9793-a903d606c89f_zpsia5sg5q5.jpg

Laste 40's Playboy based on the price tag that is still in it
bd3d2126-98fd-489a-ba92-32ddfdde5a0d_zps7alktntb.jpg

(all right the little sweatband bow is obscuring it but that's 10.00 under there!)

it is amazing how one picture can light a big enough fire in me to completely shift my hat priority list... and yes I have one of those lists

just fantastic Tommy ... as always

and thank you for the compliment ... a compliment regarding something that you are heavily responsible for

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Tell me to MYOB! Lol. But Moon said it supposed to look like that... BTW I could be wrong but I think he sold the hat with the bald wind trolley button.

I thought it was a strangely patterned stain until I saw a couple more late 50s hats with that same sort of button design in different colors ... sort of odd ... but intentional indeed

and I never did sell that Knox Superfine ... still have it and plan to fix that button soon

it is a touch small for me though so it will unfortunately never be worn ... sometimes I try to force it because it is such a great hat ... but it squeezes my brain out of my ears

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I think they may be rust stains. I have a couple like that as well. Doesn't bother me!

I have two other hats with the same thing on the button ... one where it is blue and the other black

no idea

I'll take pics when I get home

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I thought it was a strangely patterned stain until I saw a couple more late 50s hats with that same sort of button design in different colors ... sort of odd ... but intentional indeed

and I never did sell that Knox Superfine ... still have it and plan to fix that button soon

it is a touch small for me though so it will unfortunately never be worn ... sometimes I try to force it because it is such a great hat ... but it squeezes my brain out of my ears
Ha! I scrunch my tighties down firmly on my head till I can't stand the pain any longer in hopes that they stretch a little... I remember seeing that posting in classified. Beautiful hat. I'm surprised it didn't sell. The price was as nice as the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21