Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A 2 hat day.
A Stagecoach
20170720a.jpg

and... another Stagecoach
20170720.jpg

No, it's not the same hat on both pictures.

Perfect, just perfect Karl.

Some people graduate Summa Cum Laude, some graduate Magna Cum Laude. I graduated Barely Come Out!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
It was a big surprise to me too. If I had continued with college in 1980, the outcome would have been dismal. I don't really remember the 1980s.

Thanks! Fun fact, I actually know how to crochet, so I'll be making the little guy or girl one of these =)

bb872ee6a6f352cea878f791a3b4eb63.jpg
I think this would be a great father/son look. Get working on finding a knitter!

Just scooped this Pilgrim up today at an antique shop. Stay cool, folks!
View attachment 79711
Great score. Looking forward to detail shots. Is is 1950s vintage?

Royal Stetson genuine balibuntal... perhaps a moisture shedding parabuntal?

bali5.jpg
Stunning. Per SOP.

97 and 44% humidity = heat index of 106. Another straw.
View attachment 79713 View attachment 79714 View attachment 79715
Keeping with the OR style, and straw. It is just you!

After my Pilgrim find, I stopped into my friend's antique store to find she acquired someone's entire hat collection, around 30 to 40 hats. Almost all are in desperate need of TLC, and range in size from 6 3/4 to 7 3/8.
One Stetson Playboy caught my eye, but was sadly 6 3/8. Also an old 30s? size 7 Dobbs bowler.
Anyway, if anyone is looking for something in particular, I might be able to help both my friend and you out!
If there is a Playboy, there must be other pieces that are of that caliber! Yummy.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Perfect, just perfect Karl.

It was a big surprise to me too. If I had continued with college in 1980, the outcome would have been dismal. I don't really remember the 1980s.

I think this would be a great father/son look. Get working on finding a knitter!

Great score. Looking forward to detail shots. Is is 1950s vintage?

Stunning. Per SOP.

Keeping with the OR style, and straw. It is just you!

If there is a Playboy, there must be other pieces that are of that caliber! Yummy.
It's likely late 50s, possibly early 60s.
And the playboy was the nicest, in my opinion. I was very sad it was too small.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My 70s Dobbs I scored from Goodwill has finally arrived. Just over a 4 1/2" crown and 2 1/2" brim. I was pretty pleased. There is some discoloration in spots but overall for a lighter weight felt she is in good shape. View attachment 79736 View attachment 79737 View attachment 79738
Sweet Dobbs! Great dimensions for a 70s hat. Does the logo have the Registered Trademark "R"? What does the liner Dobbs logo look like. You look great in this rich brown. Nice brim binding.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Looks great on you, too!
Thank you very much Doug! This one is going to help inspire me on my hat from Mike Miller.
Looks good Jeremy. Good color combo, good proportion.

And congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family.

Michael
Thanks for the congratulations Michael. :)
The color on this one was much darker than the pictures showed on the website. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I opened th box.
Hat color with contrasting ribbon/brim binding work so well Jer.
Thanks Bob! I totally agree. I am going to do that very look with my hat from Mike Miller. It will be heavily inspired by one of @FedOregon. Silverbelly colored Perfectly Simple with an old copper ribbon and double bow with a matched old copper brim binding. I wasn't going to do the matched brim binding at first but this Dobbs has helped to reassure me and change my mind.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much Doug! This one is going to help inspire me on my hat from Mike Miller.

Thanks for the congratulations Michael. :)
The color on this one was much darker than the pictures showed on the website. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I opened th box.

Thanks Bob! I totally agree. I am going to do that very look with my hat from Mike Miller. It will be heavily inspired by one of @FedOregon. Silverbelly colored Perfectly Simple with an old copper ribbon and double bow with a matched old copper brim binding. I wasn't going to do the matched brim binding at first but this Dobbs has helped to reassure me and change my mind.
Wlcm. I'm sure yer new creation will look super. Make it your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21