Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Really late to the part today. Maybe someone will see it in the morning. Doing Deacon duties at church this morning, gave me a chance to dress a little less schlub like. Navy Gannon got some crease tweaking and a much needed brush. Do love this hat, I don't need to "dress" for it, should bring it out more often.

View attachment 94383 View attachment 94384 View attachment 94385
Thanks Red. And great looking Gannon yesterday and today's Mossant is super too.

Dobbs Hanover Square.

View attachment 94411

The lighting in my office is horrible in general, and for pictures especially. I tried a flash on this one.
I like the looks of the Hanover Square. Nice to see one on someone else's head, because I've become sort of immune to knowing what a hat looks like on my own head. I'll probably be wearing mine tomorrow.

Michael

KarlCrow

One Too Many

Samuel

Practically Family
Penny's Marathon and chill, kind of, I'm busy later today.

IMG_6771.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG
IMG_6773.JPG

Samuel

Practically Family
I collect vintage drums as well and they are all over there

if Don Bennett or Bun E. Carlos doesn't have it ... it's in Japan ;)

had a discussion with the guy at the store yesterday about this very topic ... he said it's everything ... cowboy boots, hats, etc etc
How and why? They seem to have most of our vintage Americana. I saw some dead stock USMC Boondockers there, impossible to find in the States.

As far as I knew, I thought you had a connection there in Japan with all the amazing hats you have. Nice boxes, I have one Stratoliner box.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
How and why? They seem to have most of our vintage Americana. I saw some dead stock USMC Boondockers there, impossible to find in the States.

As far as I knew, I thought you had a connection there in Japan with all the amazing hats you have. Nice boxes, I have one Stratoliner box.
they are apparently obsessed with American culture

someone once told me that there are more Country & Western clubs in Tokyo alone than in the entire United States

Next batch of catch up comments. I missed some great hats during the day. Liked em all. I was busy fact checking an article in our OSU Barometer Newspaper I was interviewed for this morning. Student reporters have to use their weekends for putting the paper to bed. They wanted to know about the history of our "Civil War Game" between OSU and the U of O. It is the oldest rivalry on the west coast, running 121 years.

Great color combo with that Great Coat. The later post with the details of this one make me droooooool!

Super finds, pity the hat pickings were not stellar. I am posting a question in a while about a weird Strat box I found on Ebay, the bottom one looks similar.

That is one fancy Knox sir! Love the sweat a whole bunch.

You rock Stefan!! Love everything about your collection.

Love the back belt and those prominent pockets. The color is money! What a find!

Justin, you are the vintage maven! The lines are so Roaring 20s, gangster (not to be confused with "gangsta", stupid use of the word), and that sweat!! They really knew how to make them back then.

I really love the color on that Strat Samuel. It would be such a versatile color. Cooool.

Great looking IV Bob. I think the Moonstone is my favorite color that Akubra makes.

The Champ is so great Doug. It just screams 40s/50s, all the bells and whistles.

Great image of some happy people, makes me happy too.

That Huckel has such great lines and color. Is the liner fancy too, seems like they really make the innards as nice as the outsides.
Mike, thanks! That Gannon tou wore today looks like a stately hat. I agree: you should wear it more.

Samuel

Practically Family
they are apparently obsessed with American culture

someone once told me that there are more Country & Western clubs in Tokyo alone than in the entire United States

Well I was stationed there and during that time Western was huge, which included Texas raised beef and American Whiskey. In fact I paid my sensei with Johnny Walker Red for instruction.

However, lately on instigaran some of the most lovey fedoras like Whippets, hard to find 30's, 40's and 50's felt hats are on Japanese sites. I'm so envious!

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Really late to the part today. Maybe someone will see it in the morning. Doing Deacon duties at church this morning, gave me a chance to dress a little less schlub like. Navy Gannon got some crease tweaking and a much needed brush. Do love this hat, I don't need to "dress" for it, should bring it out more often.

View attachment 94383 View attachment 94384 View attachment 94385
What a stunning hat! The proportions, the color, the bow! All great!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21