Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sunday is here again and so are the hats of the week.

Fabroc View attachment 589303

Penn-Craft
View attachment 589304

Cervo
View attachment 589305

Mossant
View attachment 589306

Stetson
View attachment 589307

Portis
View attachment 589308

Lock&Co
View attachment 589309

Tonak Jota
View attachment 589310
stetson-steur.jpg
Love that Stetson, I wore my Sovereign to church this morning. Stefan I did try to post a comment just after you posted this week's hats.
The time to it took to load TFL, I just gave up. We could have been late for church.

Westerns, no. But fedoras and especially trilbies were, I believe, quite common with Japanese clothes. I think they look great with my Jedi suit, yukata, or haori hakama, or straw hats in summer with a jinbei (summer Jedi suit).
You can see @alanfgag rocking a Stetson with a happi here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-hat-are-you-wearing-today.94860/post-2737818
Happi are usually cheap thin flimsy jackets worn for festivals. Alan’s is the nicest I’ve ever seen.
I believe this flea market find is a hikeshi-banten or fireman’s jacket. It is quite substantial to offer protection for the wearer.

Nice one, Joe. Classic and classy.

Stefan, Thank you! A super lineup of hats from you this week (as always). Great to see the Lock & Co. in action. It's fantastic looking!
Thank you, Steve.

Stetson Imperial grade. So if you dig wide binding this old milk chocolate beauty is sure to please. View attachment 589413 View attachment 589414 View attachment 589412
Very nice, Randall. For some reason I always enjoy seeing these Imperial Stetsons.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I believe this flea market find is a hikeshi-banten or fireman’s jacket. It is quite substantial to offer protection for the wearer.
Okay, that makes sense. I can’t say I’ve heard of a hikeshi-banten before, but the language is pretty straightforward. Hikeshi is to extinguish fire, banten is a variation of hanten, which is a warm jacket (filled with some kind of down) in that same shape - often worn as outerwear around the house after a bath. The happi, hanten, and your hikeshi-banten all share the same shape.
Etsuko says it probably has the design of the firefighting group on the back. We’d be interested to see it.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Good morning. Work travels this week had me in caps.

i-pVCMbMk-M.jpg

i-L5txD5P-M.jpg

I have found it more convenient to travel with caps the last years.

Sunday morning walkabout in a Gannon Wanderer (silvermist beaver felt w/charcoal trimmings).

i-C2rTRKq-M.jpg

i-6SRKLT6-M.jpg

i-HfPNhBf-M.jpg

Home and enjoying some needed coffee in a VS Westin (inspired by Stetson of same name). The Stetson Westin is essentially a Stetson Whippet with different brim edge treatment.

i-h45KWRj-M.jpg

i-N4RWkpj-M.jpg

i-Wgq7PLd-M.jpg

Morning chores in a Stetson Playboy.

i-jqdC8Px-M.jpg

i-VXLGNJF-M.jpg

i-ncWgQFg-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Great lids as always Eric! But the money shot is the one without the hat - that is not how I pictured you!

I have often wondered about a thread called “What do you look like without a hat?” We’d probably all surprise each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred