Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I feel like I owe all you folks an apology for the hat I'm posting today. This is SO far below the level of overall excellence you people exhibit every day, that I am almost ashamed to show it. (But I ran out of shame about 40 years ago AND I can relate some entertaining background about the hat.)

This one has no lining, no tags, no writing under the headband, and whatever embossing used to adorn the as-of-yet unidentified logo, wore off decades ago. The felt is mediocre at best, although the ribbon and wide headband are nice touches.

I acquired this hat in some long-forgotten antique store, in some small town in Oregon or Washington, during a two-week driving vacation in '97 or '98. I keep it, and have a fond spot for it, because it epitomizes, to me, the kind of bargain-priced fedora a farmer would have worn while hitched to a plow behind his mule. He'd probably brush off the same hat on Sunday for going to church, then clap it back on his head Monday before the sun was up. Which is why, in my mental filing cabinet, this is referred to as my "No name farmer's fedora."

Please don't stone me...:)

View attachment 590119 View attachment 590120 View attachment 590121
Well, you’re gonna get a lot more love for that one than I will for my canvas hat. Besides your hat is cool as heck and deserves high praise! Not to mention it looks old as Jesus.

Do you have a shot of the entire sweatband?

Mighty44

One Too Many
I feel like I owe all you folks an apology for the hat I'm posting today. This is SO far below the level of overall excellence you people exhibit every day, that I am almost ashamed to show it. (But I ran out of shame about 40 years ago AND I can relate some entertaining background about the hat.)

This one has no lining, no tags, no writing under the headband, and whatever embossing used to adorn the as-of-yet unidentified logo, wore off decades ago. The felt is mediocre at best, although the ribbon and wide headband are nice touches.

I acquired this hat in some long-forgotten antique store, in some small town in Oregon or Washington, during a two-week driving vacation in '97 or '98. I keep it, and have a fond spot for it, because it epitomizes, to me, the kind of bargain-priced fedora a farmer would have worn while hitched to a plow behind his mule. He'd probably brush off the same hat on Sunday for going to church, then clap it back on his head Monday before the sun was up. Which is why, in my mental filing cabinet, this is referred to as my "No name farmer's fedora."

I love that hat—you’re right it looks just like the hats you see in all those WPA photo from the 1930s of farmers and factory workers. I’ve been looking for one like that for years! ;)

David

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Besides your hat is cool as heck and deserves high praise! Not to mention it looks old as Jesus.

I love that hat—you’re right it looks just like the hats you see in all those WPA photo from the 1930s of farmers and factory workers. I’ve been looking for one like that for years!
Wow! Unexpected approbation, indeed, gentlemen!! Thank you! Nathan, I'll post a shot of the entire headband as soon as I can.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Just a pickin and a grinnin with my nephew.
He’s sporting a Stetson Whippet I found for him in size 7 1/2. I’m wearin one of my favs, Mallory Ten.
I’ve successfully ruined two of my nephews inspiring them to love fedoras, and they’ve bought most of what they have; one has about 5 and another has 6, but some of his are westerns.
1B83B414-DFAA-4A0E-A8F7-A433285C1D99.jpeg
468E15CB-E0B9-4175-AE43-36DACB01BC1E.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
How could we possibly

How could we possibly spurn a hat that was “made by Expert Craftsman For Fine Trade”!!
Love it!
Best tractor hat ever I seen!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I feel a G run comin' on!

He’s sporting a Stetson Whippet I found for him in size 7 1/2. I’m wearin one of my favs, Mallory Ten.
I’ve successfully ruined two of my nephews inspiring them to love fedoras, and they’ve bought most of what they have; one has about 5 and another has 6, but some of his are westerns.
View attachment 590172 View attachment 590173

hambone71

Practically Family

I see a lot of character in that hat, nothing wrong with donning a good ol' beater for certain chores and such. I like it!

hambone71

Practically Family
Boots, jeans, hats, guitars...oh my! That looks like a dang good time right there!

Mighty44

One Too Many
Looks like fun!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters