Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Was a day you could saunter into a J.C. Penney and walk out with one of these.

Probably for $10.00 or less.

20231101_170858_compress17.jpg
20231101_170859_compress66.jpg
20231101_170905_compress85.jpg

They're nice to look at, B, but I'm more than happy with my formillion here at home. ;)

Thanks, Joe. This made me laugh so hard I woke up my wife.

Is this for the hat or for the copy? If it's for the hat, I got all sorts of goodies still in the queue including two more Standard Quality Stetsons. If it's for the copy, I'm ready to go scorched earth.
‘Twas the commentary. But the hat is certainly no slouch

Added a small detail to my Stetson Medalist. There is a vendor on Instagram that makes all sorts of hat band add ons. His name is Rollin, at theloveoffelt. This one is called a Stinger with a Stetson emblem, it slides into the hatband and comes with a built in small razor knife and leather sheath. Rollin can make pretty much any design you might need. He also has various hat brushes as well.
It is so cool… and I would love one.. but I just know beyond doubt that somehow I would unintentionally walk through security at an airport, courthouse or concert/sport event with that thing in my hat!

Reactions: RBH

hambone71

Practically Family

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Walkabout under the new Stratoliner Premier.

I had hoped this would be a summer beater. While it’s certainly the right color, unfortunately the felt is too thick. It does feel like a bit of a step-up from a heritage Akubra, but I would still reach for the Campdraft in a downpour.

The only complaint I have is the talcum powder, which they could keep. I smell faintly of baby in my field jacket (not a very interesting combination!).

IMG_9102.jpeg

IMG_9103.jpeg

Last edited:

DonR

One of the Regulars
It is so cool… and I would love one.. but I just know beyond doubt that somehow I would unintentionally walk through security at an airport, courthouse or concert/sport event with that thing in my hat!
Me too, and then it would be gone.

Post 1946 The Mallory Ten.

This hat has been calling to me last few weeks.. decided to pull it out today.. It is one of the few hats in my collection that I have some history on the previous owner. It belonged to a gentleman who was a holocaust survivor… he was a police chief in Poland during WWII and helped countless folks escape. He survived in an attic with just a bible for a year. Spoke 7 languages and lived to be 88 Years old. This was the story given to me by his great granddaughter who sold me the hats some years back.

IMG_20231102_165937832_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

IMG_5099.jpeg

IMG_5100.jpeg

IMG_20231102_170017637_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you, Nathan. A modern Strat is my beater dejoir.

Walkabout under the new Stratoliner Premier.

I had hoped this would be a summer beater. While it’s the certainly the right color, unfortunately the felt is too thick. It does feel like a bit of a step-up from a heritage Akubra, but I would still reach for the Campdraft in a downpour.

The only complaint I have is the talcum powder, which they could keep. I smell faintly of baby in my field jacket (not a very interesting combination!).

View attachment 557128
View attachment 557129
20231102_170821.jpg 20231102_170846.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Great history and a great hat, Joe.

Post 1946 The Mallory Ten.

This hat has been calling to me last few weeks.. decided to pull it out today.. It is one of the few hats in my collection that I have some history on the previous owner. It belonged to a gentleman who was a holocaust survivor… he was a police chief in Poland during WWII and helped countless folks escape. He survived in an attic with just a bible for a year. Spoke 7 languages and lived to be 88 Years old. This was the story given to me by his great granddaughter who sold me the hats some years back.

View attachment 557201

View attachment 557202
View attachment 557203
View attachment 557204
View attachment 557215

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot