Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
I’ve taken to wearing this Adam Majestic in a kind of wonky brim up style—it seems to just look better that way.
IMG_2749.jpeg

jdouglasj

Familiar Face
Custom V yesterday. After enjoying Stop Making Sense so much the other day, I decided to go to American Utopia yesterday. 14 people in the theatre, I picked a seat at the side, away from anyone else, so I could dance around like a lunatic like last time. About three songs in, I was instructed to sit down (there had been a complaint). Somewhat dumbfounded, I sat down and just bounced around in my seat for the next couple of songs. Once again I was told that was a no-go. I asked for (and got) my money back and left. A huge disappointment. The fun police are out and about.
View attachment 602850
E
First off, looks great. But wow, all I saw was that first photo and I thought "was this taken in Japan?" I hadn't looked at your location when I said that. Even though I think the average person wouldn't notice anything particularly non-American about that photo, I somehow thought "Japan" in a milisecond glance. I lived there for a couple years, so I guess some things settled in. I couldn't tell you what exactly, it's just the lines on the building and the powerline, the landscaping, and what appears to be a train stop.

The Shoe

One Too Many
First off, looks great. But wow, all I saw was that first photo and I thought "was this taken in Japan?" I hadn't looked at your location when I said that. Even though I think the average person wouldn't notice anything particularly non-American about that photo, I somehow thought "Japan" in a milisecond glance. I lived there for a couple years, so I guess some things settled in. I couldn't tell you what exactly, it's just the lines on the building and the powerline, the landscaping, and what appears to be a train stop.
Yep, a little unmanned station in the countryside in Wakayama Prefecture.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
After a few days with lows in the 20s(F), I’m ready to wear my newly thrifted (actual) Hawaiian shirt and ‘60s stingy straw from the Silver Dollar City theme park near Branson, Missouri. The highs will be pushing 80 this weekend.

View attachment 603060

View attachment 603061

View attachment 603062

View attachment 603063

View attachment 603064

View attachment 603065

View attachment 603066

View attachment 603067
bob.jpeg

The hat and shirt compliment each other perfectly, Bob. The fern leaf patterned shirt has the "Aloha" look about it.
It will be weeks, if not months, given the UK weather, before I could emulate your enviable style. One of Tina's shirts that she made for me was a favourite in last year's sunshine:
new trousers gamboa hat 004.JPG
The lady even replaced the black hatband ribbon so that the hat had aesthetic appeal.
In years gone by we might still be seeing the last of winter's snow. Nowadays this is our
annual fate:
flood2.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
I was lucky enough to see Mr. Byrne's live show when he was touring with American Utopia. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

And I've seen a boatload of concerts.
Very jealous. I have seen the American Utopia movie on the small screen at home. The finale doing Road to Nowhere walking through the crowd was brilliant, and I can only imagine what that person in the front row was feeling when David Byrne stopped right in front of her. That music was such a part of my youth, I would likely have been in tears. It was a shame I didn’t get that far this time. I was already second guessing my decision as I asked for my money back, but really, who wants to sit still and quietly through a concert like that? It’s not a bloody symphony!

Very jealous. I have seen the American Utopia movie on the small screen at home. The finale doing Road to Nowhere walking through the crowd was brilliant, and I can only imagine what that person in the front row was feeling when David Byrne stopped right in front of her. That music was such a part of my youth, I would likely have been in tears. It was a shame I didn’t get that far this time. I was already second guessing my decision as I asked for my money back, but really, who wants to sit still and quietly through a concert like that? It’s not a bloody symphony!

Several years ago I attended the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra to see them do Beethoven's 9th, a particular favorite. I was bopping along to the uptempo parts while everybody else was sitting there like they were in Madame Toussad's.

Their loss, I guess.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Several years ago I attended the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra to see them do Beethoven's 9th, a particular favorite. I was bopping along to the uptempo parts while everybody else was sitting there like they were in Madame Toussad's.

Their loss, I guess.
Well that is the symphony that you would, in the words of David Byrne, “swivel and bop” to.

My family and I had a lovely time at a tulip harvest/festival today. The flowers were mostly gone by the time we arrived but it was fun nonetheless and I collected a few ground scores.

I chose the lightweight Stetson Fifteen, which hasn’t seen action since fall.

View attachment 603324
View attachment 603325
View attachment 603326
View attachment 603327
View attachment 603328
That is one fabulous ME, Nathan. Glad you had a nice time with your Lovely family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner