Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat with a tuxedo?

Notched lapels are INFORMAL. Peaked and shawl lapels are formal.
Who's in charge of all this!? I want to speak with whoever is making these rules. Oh, wait! Are these rules, or OPINIONS?!!

Back on track...
From the Todd Huston collection, a 1950s Willoughby Tuxedo hat. The answer! Not visible in the photo is the satin (or silk?) underside of the brim, making it a Tuxedo Hat.

Willoughby_TuxedoHat.jpg

As for straw with a tux, (notched, Shawl or peak!) this was fashioned after a straw seen with a tux on Burt Lancaster, in a movie I can't recall.
DSC09445.jpg
Worn at my daughter's wedding, so I KNOW it's right. If she said it was right, and I had to pick who to listen to about what hat (or lapels) to wear to her wedding, (with all due respect) it would not be you, sir.

Last edited:
Who's in charge of all this!? I want to speak with whoever is making these rules. Oh, wait! Are these rules, or OPINIONS?!!

Informal tuxedo is a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it? Like jumbo shrimp.

As for straw with a tux, (notched, Shawl or peak!) this was fashioned after a straw seen with a tux on Burt Lancaster, in a movie I can't recall.

This guy always wore a straw, and his NAME is Tuxedo.

3bd917a7b50b0e6d41196bc112a01bed.jpeg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
HaHaHaHaHa!

Now look, you all know how important this kind of stuff is to me. If one doesn't follow the guide lines set forth by the fashion (as we say down South) PO-leece, how could one ever be considered a Dandy?

Now... maybe I'm too new to the game and it's quite possible I don't understand everything going on.... but where I'm from , if you call someone a dandy the next thing you'll be calling is a dentist .

Just the facts sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21