Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

I need to register my report as well, that despite some improvements nearly every operation is still pokey on both of my devices. I’ve wanted to post, but the delays are off-putting enough to lose my attention. I’m distracted by shiny things, wall-to-wall carpet, or if a Toyota goes by, (and a lot of other stuff) so response speed is important.

hambone71

Practically Family
Seemed a bit better yesterday but it has been awful today.
I need to register my report as well, that despite some improvements nearly every operation is still pokey on both of my devices. I’ve wanted to post, but the delays are off-putting enough to lose my attention. I’m distracted by shiny things, wall-to-wall carpet, or if a Toyota goes by, (and a lot of other stuff) so response speed is important.

What's the story with this new (or at least new to me) feature where when I like a post, another page has to load that asks me to confirm that I want to like it? Then once I confirm, I have to wait for the previous page to reload except it starts me back at the top of that page so I have to scroll down to get back to where I was (waiting yet again for every photo to reload)?

Even under normal conditions this feature would be annoying, but with the peanut butter in the system it is rather more than.

And to make it even more fun, it doesn't happen on every post that I want to "like" nor does it show any consistent pattern with which ones it decides I should confirm.

Is there some weird toggle somewhere called "random like confirmation ON" that I now have to toggle to the "off" position?
I’ve had that weird little quirk pop up from time to time.. and my thoughts are usually the same as yours…. Is this what it will be like from now on????. Most times the next time I log on it is returned to normal.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I’ve had that weird little quirk pop up from time to time.. and my thoughts are usually the same as yours…. Is this what it will be like from now on????. Most times the next time I log on it is returned to normal.
Thanks and you raise a good point: maybe I should log out every once in a while.

I couldn’t log on at all today until around 7:00 p.m. I tried many times throughout the day, but I couldn’t get on at all.

It would be nice to know what’s going on even if there isn’t a fix coming immediately.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Guess they wanna know if you like something…i mean really like it??
Kinda makes you pause before you decide to go all in.
Reminds me of when your PC asked “do you really want to re-format your C drive”? “Really”?
Kinda saved us from ourselves.
B

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Guess they wanna know if you like something…i mean really like it??
Kinda makes you pause before you decide to go all in.
Reminds me of when your PC asked “do you really want to re-format your C drive”? “Really”?
Kinda saved us from ourselves.
B
Hitting the golden buzzer on Americas Got Talent doesn't even have a confirm step. I think I can safely like a neighbor's hat without needing to reassure the system that I really want to do that.

It seems far more useful for the forum host to go all in and get the bubble gum out of the works.

(Not that I believe yours was a serious comment, but obviously someone somewhere is actually thinking that way.)

The site is working fantastic for me right now, btw.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hitting the golden buzzer on Americas Got Talent doesn't even have a confirm step. I think I can safely like a neighbor's hat without needing to reassure the system that I really want to do that.

It seems far more useful for the forum host to go all in and get the bubble gum out of the works.

(Not that I believe yours was a serious comment, but obviously someone somewhere is actually thinking that way.)

The site is working fantastic for me right now, btw.
Hey Nate: not a tish of seriousness but you’re right about that someone somewhere.
That’s what made me remember that that renowned Hydrogeology Professor during grad school, an expert in colored pencil maps and all things water, who really, really wanted to re-format his department hard drive?? Not the result he was looking for!
So yeah, always someone somewhere.
B

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
I almost wonder if the whole site is about to reset. IOW, all posts and pictures (yikes) will get deleted and everything will start again at square one.

I hope not. Maybe I'm just feeling apocalyptic :eek:

tek8080

Familiar Face
I am still having a lot of issues with page loads. Also just recently it seems that email alerts are no longer working. Maybe something was rebooted and the email service didn't come back up? Anyone else notice they are not getting watched thread email alerts?

There is nobody else having issues with email alerts? I have verified in the watched forums and watched threads sections that I am configured for email. I even toggled the setting off and on again a few times. I still do not get any emails at all. Verified it is not a spam issue on my end. I looked in my email and September 3rd was the last watched thread or watched forum email I received.

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
There is nobody else having issues with email alerts? I have verified in the watched forums and watched threads sections that I am configured for email. I even toggled the setting off and on again a few times. I still do not get any emails at all. Verified it is not a spam issue on my end. I looked in my email and September 3rd was the last watched thread or watched forum email I received.
You're not alone I'm not receiving email alerts on conversations anymore either.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When the ads were getting bad over a year ago someone recommended using Duckduckgo browser app. It seems to strip the ads away. When the page wouldn’t load on my I-phone. (Only computer I have now) through safari. I use that app and it seems to work fine.
Long story short. If you have issues try the app DuckDuckGo.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy