Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

milandro

A-List Customer
these separate threads, which appear to be running alongside each other without any communication among them, seem to be telling that the problems are about to finish with a migration to a new server

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-the-fl-site.112157/page-6#post-3041587

So, for all the people whom are concerned with the situation it may be beneficial to read (let alone to integrate) the threads (since some people don't appear to be reading anything else than a particular section of the forum) to just stay on the ball of what it is that it happening

I think that the management should produce a thread showing on the entry page when one accesses the forum to tell people what it is going on and when this will be going on, but that is me, in order to clear the doubts which we all have

SEE @deadlyhandsome post above

We're moving to a new server and host, hopefully this weekend.

So, the issue APPEARS to have been finally addressed in a manner that has some possibility to be the solution

@Nathan Flowers , thanks!

Last edited:

milandro

A-List Customer
I don't know if the promised migration took place while I was asleep , anyway the site is very usable today , but it was on and off in the last couple of months too

Any maintenance has been take place was done without alerting the users, hopefully it will hold

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
I wanted to join and chat about hats but the slowness makes me feel this site is no longer active.

tek8080

Familiar Face
E-mail notification alerts were back to working for me for about a week. Now they have stopped working completely again since sometime October 17th. Last email alert I received was at 4:17 p.m. UTC -5. There have been multiple new threads opened since then in my watched forums. No emails, but I do get an alert on the site.

The performance and loading issues have never gone away for me. Still getting many, many page failed to load errors. This is across multiple devices and multiple ISP.

Some of my photos, not all, rotate 90 degrees…this never happened before. If I crop the photos they will post right side up. Very odd.
Interesting…. that was an issue I always had when I posted directly from my phone. If I download the images to my iPad.. or as you did crop slightly. They post upright.

even weirder was at one point… If viewed on the device they were posted from they looked fine. But everyone else on a different device saw them sideways.

tek8080

Familiar Face
Performance has been a lot better over the past few days. Definitely a notable improvement. Only remaining issue is still no email alerts.

Bender

One of the Regulars
This thread begin back in September and it had been slow for a month then. We’re approaching the end of November, and besides a little blip of fluctuating speediness, its now back to operating painfully slowly.

Unless there’s some setting fix I’m unaware of, that’s 4 months, a third of a year of near-unusable performance.

In my experience, if a site has an unresolved issue for this long, it’s usually because maintenance isn’t a priority, which is usually because of money… ie things are winding down.

I hope I’m wrong…

milandro

A-List Customer
@Bender

I have noticed, indeed, that after the recent migration and initial great performance things have slowed down somewhat (migration which, by the way, produced the effect that many old links no longer work, see threads started with useful links where no link works )https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/links-to-important-hat-forum-threads.52584/

there are certain problems with the logging in or first contact in a day, BUT, once one has logged in (or simply made contact), surfing the site is fast , provided the site has been contacted recently.

To post this took 5 seconds , which, granted, is not fast but also not unbearable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy