Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the butt supposed to look like?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Perhaps I should posting this in the general attire section...

I have a pair of high-waisted vintage-repro trousers that I took in to the tailor today to have shortened. The tailor was asking me if there was anything else I needed done, and...I started looking at the butt. Maybe I just didn't have them pulled up high enough or something, but it was really baggy in the rear-end, and there was alot of extra material back there.

I haven't noticed this with any of my 40's clothing before, but...really, how is it supposed to fit? Obviously it shouldn't be tight, but...I dunno. I just can't seem to think of what it should look like.

Any help?

KObalto

One of the Regulars
Sorry, but you did start it, and otherwise we're just guessing. :p Actually, I don't know how to describe it properly, but I thik the classic shape is kind of filled by the top of your butt and then there is a drape below.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
You need to get your pants taken in at the seat. Usually when slacks are taken in more than an inch and a half at the waist, they will need to be taken in at the seat as well. I have a pair of high waisted German 30's slacks that were taken in 3 inches at the waist. Initially, the person that did the alteration did'nt adjust the seat accordingly, so I had to take them back to get the seat taken in.

kschurch

Vendor
Hey J,

I know form your previous postings that you are a very trim fellow. Our trousers have a fuller cut than most and many of our thinner customers have the seat taken in appropriately. How do you think they look? You certianly have a keen eye for how things should fit.

In the photos you posted a few months ago in our trousers, your seat looked good to me. (I mean that in a strictly professional way, of course)

Be happy you're in shape to wear pretty much what you want and look great in it.

Cheers,

Church

CharlesB

Suspended
wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
kabuto said:
Personally I'd prefer a tailor who'd be making suggestions, not asking questions.

I worded it poorly. Actually, my tailor did suggest that I have the seat taken in, not asked.

KsChurch, how did you KNOW I was talking about your trousers? :p
They do actually fit me pretty well in the butt. After looking at BK's reference photos, I really only needed them taken in about a half inch to fit me perfectly.
You make a good pant, my friend.

Snug through the abdomen and following the line of the buttocks. The best looking trousers in my opinion drape easily from the apex of the buttocks. (always assuming you have prominent enough buttocks to drape from. Many men do not. They should play more rugby.)

Note the drape that's evident in the lower buttock area:

Pelaw1.jpg

bk

kschurch

Vendor
Jerekson said:
I worded it poorly. Actually, my tailor did suggest that I have the seat taken in, not asked.

KsChurch, how did you KNOW I was talking about your trousers? :p
They do actually fit me pretty well in the butt. After looking at BK's reference photos, I really only needed them taken in about a half inch to fit me perfectly.
You make a good pant, my friend.

Thanks J!

I'm glad you have to make minimal corrections. Please feel free to post a photo when you get them back if you would. And not just of your "seat".:D

I'm glad you're happy with the trousers!

Have a great holiday,

Chruch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy