Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is The Strangest Thing You've Ever Seen?

Phil

A-List Customer
Well, maybe that movie wasn't as high budget as everyone thought.

On another note. A while back, somewhere around Halloween, someone wrote about some sort of monsters from an Oregon forest. I'd much appreciate it if someone would a retell the story, or a link to the original.

Paratrooper

Familiar Face
I just saw some pictures of a unit of Ameriican Civil War reenactors marching in a parade.....ok not that odd you say..the odd thing was where the parade was....Russia
just kinda of a odd twist.

Sunny

One Too Many
Paratrooper said:
I just saw some pictures of a unit of Ameriican Civil War reenactors marching in a parade.....ok not that odd you say..the odd thing was where the parade was....Russia
just kinda of a odd twist.

You'd really be surprised how many American Civil War reenactors there are all over the world. I was at an intense event in Louisiana a couple weeks ago that had about ten Brits and three Frenchmen.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Phil said:
Well now yo have to tell.

It was pretty tripped. I donno what it was all about. Big foot, wendigo's, hoodoo's, demons, hopefully a late night hallucination in the dark scary woods.
I'd say the monkey thing describes it pretty well, not as big as a human though. Well, some humans.;) four or five feet tall.
My uncle had a really similar experience. He and a friend stepped out of the car to do the same, when they turned around the thing was perched on the top of their car!! I guess they ran for a ways, then a little while longer went back. They got in the car thinking maybe they'd tripped out. A little while down the road I guess they saw it again. I donno.[huh]

Rathdrum was know for all kinds of wierd stuff. Human chains across the road and murders in the woods in the middle of the night are just a few. Even though I was in Sandpoint, I wouldn't put it past someone to dress up all scary and frighten the camping folks.[huh]

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Human chains across the road? I'm not familiar with this term. Linked arm in arm or lying down in a line? Did the then surround the car?? THEN WHAT?! Will I be able to sleep tonight?
The murders...did they know the victims? Did they drag strangers into the woods and kill them? A ritual sacrifice or a contract killing?

Dan G

One of the Regulars
patrick1987 said:
Human chains across the road? I'm not familiar with this term. Linked arm in arm or lying down in a line? Did the then surround the car?? THEN WHAT?! Will I be able to sleep tonight?
The murders...did they know the victims? Did they drag strangers into the woods and kill them? A ritual sacrifice or a contract killing?

Linked arm in arm. Then you guessed it. Lots of wierd witchcraft and arian type stuff going on down there. A lot of it was crazy ritual stuff. What always got me was people were crazy enough to stop. No thanks, pedal to the metal, and if they're dumb enough to be there when I come back for more, they're gonna get it. That's why I'm not exactly sure what all the wierd creature things were. We were all armed and they didn't get any closer...seems like that guys story they weren't afraid of his guns. Maybe a fire? I think it was nutty people though.[huh] Either way I know it was pretty spooky.

Dan G said:
Linked arm in arm. Then you guessed it. Lots of wierd witchcraft and arian type stuff going on down there. A lot of it was crazy ritual stuff. What always got me was people were crazy enough to stop. No thanks, pedal to the metal, and if they're dumb enough to be there when I come back for more, they're gonna get it. That's why I'm not exactly sure what all the wierd creature things were. We were all armed and they didn't get any closer...seems like that guys story they weren't afraid of his guns. Maybe a fire? I think it was nutty people though.[huh] Either way I know it was pretty spooky.

Did you hear banjo music in the background? :p ;)

Mr. Steve

New in Town
un-real

The Mountain Lion, right before it got me around the waist. I am lucky to still have all parts! (This is a very real story)

Cat wait: 225 lbs

Steven wait: 170 lbs

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The demons and goblins things in the woods sounds just like Micael Jackson's video Thriller.:eek: I don't believe any of that. Now in regards to the withcraft, devil worshippers and such out in the woods committing who knows what I don't put any of that past any nutcase.

akaBruno

Suspended
A dead neighbor. Face down in the dirt with a tractor turned upside down on top of him. It reminded me of that scene in "The Wizard of OZ" w/ the house on top of the witch.

you asked.

BRUNO

vonwotan

Practically Family
Strangest / Scariest

After arriving in Algiers I got on the bus to the University for an appointment at the library. The stop after I got on, several men in balaclava with automatic weapons got on the bus in back and in front. There was surprisingly little reaction. Two stops later they got back off the bus with as little reaction. After I regained my voice, I asked an older woman seated next to me who were these men? She turned to her sister and had a good laugh before she explained that these were the anti-terrorist police and, that they frequently hide their faces / identities.

VW, anyone in the CT business tries to keep everything possible about themselves obscured, for their own protection and their families'. I've studied the field a bit... (Again, not quite 'Field Grade', but could probably be trained there quickly if necessary, aside from the physical conditioning...)

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
Dixon Cannon said:
I was in Munich, Germany in 1984 and was absolutely amazed that every car that I saw in the city looked as if it had been pounded by a vandal with a ball-pean hammer! I couldn't imagine what the heck had gone on in that city. No paint chips - no other damage on the sides of the cars - just the roofs, trunk and hood - hammered into a perfect moonscape of smooth craters.

I discovered later that the week prior a violent hailstorm had passed over the city. Every exposed car had been pounded by hard, round hailstones. Most people had already had their windshields replaced, leaving the car bodies mottled with the storm damage. Fascinating, I tell ya!

-dixon cannon

Hah, my dad told me about that story when I was a kid. He even pulled out some pictures of their rusted up Datsun that had been pretty much beaten to death by the hail.

It was replaced by a VW Golf and three years later I was born.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
My little experience

In January 1991 I moved from my house to live temporarily with the outlaws in a suburb in the leafy North of Sydney. We left the seaside in perfect weather and it was hot with the sign of a storm brewing.

Was that an understatement!

Not long after in the late afternoon (1600) it was so hot I opened some of the windows in the house. Not long after I noticed a stiff wind had blown up and I thought it was the usual 'southerly buster' we get in Sydney with that weather at that time of the day.

All of a sudden I see this piece of lumber flying through the air and then this green wind (chopped up vegetation) suddenly erupted with really big hail accompanying it. Suddenly I am hearing these cracking sounds on the glass windows like rocks were being thrown at the house and then the glass breaks and only the curtains stop the debris.

Suffice to say that the trees were so damaged on the storm face that you can see the hail marks today. It was a cyclonic freak hailstorm that careered in a path through the North of Sydney and our house alone suffered AUD30K damage.

Frightening stuff but in Aussie the force and regularity of hailstorms has become a major event. Another one 3 years ago destoyed half of the older Eastern Suburbs of Sydney especially all the old slate roofs in the Edwardian and Victorian suburbs like Kensington and Paddington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy