Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your biggest vice?

Mustang

One of the Regulars
If procrastination is a vice, than it's by far my biggest!
I'll give you some examples to prove it....

Well, I'll edit this post and do it later.

J.A. Daub

New in Town
mmm....cow

Beef, Beef, Beef,

The Rib Steak is the reason that the charcoal barbeque exists, porterhouse, prime rib, t-bone. Great cuts of marbled redness, seared to perfection, with a great Burgundy served with GOOD fries and an ice cold iceberg lettuce - cucumber - radish salad.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
It may sound like a silly vice, but since I don't smoke and almost never drink anymore, my vice has become shoes. When someone dies, I buy shoes. When I have a bad day, I buy shoes. When I'm happy and celebrating, I buy shoes. When I go on a trip and want a souvenir, I buy shoes. Some might argue that a shoe habit isn't a vice, but I think my "shoe tower" and the boxes stacked up anyplace I can find might change their minds. Please no Imelda Marcos jokes!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The biggest vice...

089218413598.jpg

I'll stick to my Maker's Mark now...

Miss 1929

No jokes!

Ms. McGraw said:
It may sound like a silly vice, but since I don't smoke and almost never drink anymore, my vice has become shoes. When someone dies, I buy shoes. When I have a bad day, I buy shoes. When I'm happy and celebrating, I buy shoes. When I go on a trip and want a souvenir, I buy shoes. Some might argue that a shoe habit isn't a vice, but I think my "shoe tower" and the boxes stacked up anyplace I can find might change their minds. Please no Imelda Marcos jokes!

I stopped counting at 200 pairs... ignorance is bliss!

Flivver

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Fried foods. Fried chicken, fried fish, fried cheese, fried dough. I don't care what it is, it tastes better wrapped in batter and dunked in hot grease.

It's fried foods for me too!

Why is it that the best tasting foods are always the worst for your health?

Being a 56 year old male, I try to minimize my intake of fried food. But when I do give in to fried fish, onion rings or potato chips they just taste *so* good!

Come to think of it, potato chips are my *biggest* vice...always have been. I give in to those far too often (hope my physician isn't a member here).

Dr Doran

Coffee for me, too, but I don't consider that a vice.

Fried food: call me prissy, but I have to immediately wash my face and hands after touching or eating them. So I never eat them. I hate gross stuff on my skin. I can barely wear glasses -- I cannot tolerate something hooked behind my ears and sitting on the bridge of my nose. So this weakness has caused me to avoid fried foods, and I suppose I should be thankful for it.

Dr Doran

Miss 1929 said:
tend to make one throw up? Kind of unglamorous...

By addiction to aether I meant addiction to being on the aether, i.e. an addiction to being on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR