Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your biggest vice?

freebird

Practically Family
freebird said:
I suppose I've led a fairly clean life. I used to down 4-5 diet pepsi's at work, starting as soon as I got there at 6:00am and ending when I left at 4:00pm., but I no longer drink that much and I never missed it. Luckily I'm not an addictive personality, I've controlled my pain meds (lortab) so that I'm not addicted, and I can't say my pipe smoking is a vice, only smoke one to two bowls every 3 to 6 months. So I guess it's my razor, shaving mirror, shaving mugs and soap, cream and after shave's.

Guess I'd better add flirting on the Ladies of the Lounge thread...if that's a vice;)

MissS

A-List Customer
As we are all confessing...

Shopping (didn't see that one coming, did ya?)
Eating. Anything. Especially if it's cheese. Expensive. And smelly. And washed down with vintage dom.
Older men.

That's all I'm admitting to today.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
As we are all confessing...

Shopping (didn't see that one coming, did ya?)
Eating. Anything. Especially if it's cheese. Expensive. And smelly. And washed down with vintage dom.
Older men.

That's all I'm admitting to today.

you minx you!

rumblefish

One Too Many
KY Gentleman said:
To quote an old Tom T. Hall song, "I Like Beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow...".

Here's to the man who drinks water pure and goes to bed quite sober.
He falls as the leaves to fall, he'll die before October.

Here's to the man who drinks dark ale and goes to bed quite mellow.
He lives as he ought to live, for he's a jolly good fellow.

One of the first songs I learned to sing. From my dad's Kingston Trio albums.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I've always liked The Kingston Trio, now I'll have to go find that tune!
(When I was little I listened to the song about Charlie and the MTA. Remember that one?).

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Mine would probably have to be coffee...

I find if I don't have at least a few cups within a short time of getting up in the morning, my day just doesn't feel right; and the cobwebs never completely leave my skull...:rolleyes:

rumblefish

One Too Many
KY Gentleman said:
I've always liked The Kingston Trio, now I'll have to go find that tune!
(When I was little I listened to the song about Charlie and the MTA. Remember that one?).

Sure do! Poor old Charlie.

Three Jolly Coachmen, I believe from their first album. I'll check.

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Extraordinary beautiful and very high shoes.

A bubblebath with dimmed lights, a glass of Asti and some mellow jazz playing. I am so sad that I don't have a bathtub in my apartment so this only happens when I travel and stay at a hotel.

Foie gras and black truffel sauce.

Ditto..

BTW this just put me in a trance at the idea of lounging in a bath with Frankie on the radio and...... :eusa_doh: OK I'm Back. :rolleyes:

Other vices:

J-pop,
C-pop, *Golden Era*
Rolling Stones,
Aerosmith,
Elvis,
Frank Sinatra,
Chuck Berry,
Cab Calloway,
Older Men, (Keith Richards... *SIGH*)
Arizona Green Tea Lemonade/ Sweet Tea,
Avocados,
Apricots,
Chicken,
Miso Soup,
Seafood,
Shrimp Tempura Udon...

I'm sure there's more...

ortega76

Practically Family
Vices?

1. Cigars. I get a lot of guff about this in my home town. I live in a college town with a lot of "progressives" (I call them hippies) who have the habit of sticking their noses in other people's business. Giving me the stink eye because I'm smoking a cigar on a bench in a public park (away from the play area) while reading a book is a good way to catch a smack. Mind your own business. Hey, there are lot of social justice issues I think are absolutely critical so don't take this as a condemnation of liberals.

2. Sneakers. Specifically Converse All Stars. I collect them and have several dozen.

3. Sonic. I'm so addicted to their ability to add flavors to their fountain drinks. It's close to my house so I always seem to end my work day with a vanilla Coke.

4. Colonel Seasons popcorn flovorings. I've been a fan of these since one of the theaters near my house started having these available for their popcorn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav