Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite hat crease?

This is a later model 4X Stetson OR that I reworked and recreased for a work hat. I also switched out the OR ribbon for a simpler look. The ribbon is a two ply with a just a knot and tails. I'm getting it broke in and "seasoned". It's well on its way to getting that nice whopper jawed and boogered up look. I gave it a deep C Crown crease with a high and tight pinch...

stetson_OR_4_X_VI.jpg

Stetson_4_X_III.jpg

Stetson_4_X_II.jpg

Same hat. Different light.
OR_work_hat_4.jpg

On the head.
OR_work_hat_1.jpg
Not that an original Cattleman's Crease is bad, but I really love this look on a classic OR!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
This poor hat's been through the proverbial "mill". It's undergone at least, three separate conversion processes, and a few ribbon changes. The first conversion was done by Kingrat, who I bought the hat from. The second was done by John Galt, and I did the third and last conversion. It was converted from a Resistol Stagecoach to an Indyesque hat. This one was creased to a Center Dent with a high and tight pinch.

My_Indy_Resistol_02.jpg

My_Indy_Resistol_03.jpg

My_Indy_Resistol_06.jpg

on the head
My_Indy_Resistol_01.jpg

This poor hat's been through the proverbial "mill". It's undergone at least, three separate conversion processes, and a few ribbon changes. The first conversion was done by Kingrat, who I bought the hat from. The second was done by John Galt, and I did the third and last conversion. It was converted from a Resistol Stagecoach to an Indyesque hat. This one was creased to a Center Dent with a high and tight pinch.

My_Indy_Resistol_02.jpg

My_Indy_Resistol_03.jpg

My_Indy_Resistol_06.jpg

on the head
My_Indy_Resistol_01.jpg
I'm impressed. Any shots of this hat's progression to this state? It would be a nice journey to experience.

I agree about the pinch being tighter, but I really like the look of this hat. Just in case it ever needs a new home, what size do you wear? :D
It is my $20 Dobbs Twenty. I think the person on Ebay selling it thought a 60 year old hat should sell for 1957 prices. Nobody bid against it. It is one of my few real Ebay victories. Probably wouldn't fit you anyway. (7 1/4 LO)

It is my $20 Dobbs Twenty. I think the person on Ebay selling it thought a 60 year old hat should sell for 1957 prices. Nobody bid against it. It is one of my few real Ebay victories. Probably wouldn't fit you anyway. (7 1/4 LO)
Nuts. I'm a 7-1/2 regular oval. Oh well, time to start setting some clams aside to have one of our venerated hatters create something similar for me (as if you'd give it up anyway ;)). Still, it's good to see such a nice hat with someone who appreciates it.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I wish I had a picture of the crease on this one; it's a diamond and - like the side dents - it's pretty well steamed in place.

You can see the half-blind stitching on this. No stitching shows on the outside of the brim, but has two lines of stitching that shows on the inside of the curl. Different from most other Homburgs is the amount of ribbon on the outside of the brim, which is very little.

i-xVT5TnG-XL.jpg

I wish I had a picture of the crease on this one; it's a diamond and - like the side dents - it's pretty well steamed in place.

You can see the half-blind stitching on this. No stitching shows on the outside of the brim, but has two lines of stitching that shows on the inside of the curl. Different from most other Homburgs is the amount of ribbon on the outside of the brim, which is very little.

i-xVT5TnG-XL.jpg
I like everything about this hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic