Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your vintage dream purchase??

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
A Cadillac, 1940 Fleetwood.

40caddyfl.jpg

Like this parked in the garage of my Frank Loyd Wright house. :)

Rosie

One Too Many
I want this:

4.jpg

5.jpg

you can check out the history of this house here: www.awixacastle.com

and this:

52olds101_lg.jpg

Oh and that BEAUTIFUL white coat Faye Dunaway wore in Mommie Dearest, the one where she and her Pepsi husband go check out the 5th avenue apartment.

Come to think of it, I'd also want one of those pre-war Central Park West classic 6 apartments.

The real Henry

Practically Family
There's only one thing every vintage lover really would want to have;) :

dcorvinotimemachine001x.jpg

Seriously, I'd love to have to have parking lot full of Auburns, Cords and Duesenbergs!:D A Mercedes 500K wouldn't be bad either!:rolleyes:

1936%20auburn%20speedster%20f.jpg

37_SC_Cord.jpg

duesenberg_j.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of real estate, I'd just like one of those big old white houses built back in the 20's -- the ones with wrap=around front porches that have swings and room for a large group of porch sitters; a house with lots of rooms and built in bookshelves, and a big brick fireplace that works.

With walk-in closets, walk-in pantries, and an herb garden in the back yard.

No McMansions for me.

karol

Wild Root

Gone Home
K.D. Lightner said:
Speaking of real estate, I'd just like one of those big old white houses built back in the 20's -- the ones with wrap=around front porches that have swings and room for a large group of porch sitters; a house with lots of rooms and built in bookshelves, and a big brick fireplace that works.

With walk-in closets, walk-in pantries, and an herb garden in the back yard.

No McMansions for me.

karol

HAHAHAH McMansions! Hahahahahaha That's so true!!!lol
K.D., your house sounds like one I'd like to own some day too... you have good taste in houses!;)

=WR=

marquise

Familiar Face
I've got a mile-long list, but right now I'd settle for:

Homestead051.jpg

... A Spanish-style bungalow in a lovely shady Court...

... My two most favourite cars--
DW31roadster.jpg

mycar.jpg

And lastly--
green_right.jpg

... A mightily tasty Glenwood gas stove! In Jadeite green & cream. Mmmm!

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
What a great idea for a thread, Lady Day! Ideas like that make this place so captivating.

Tony & Root: C'mon, guys... Think BIG lol

Absynthe, a K-2 autogiro with W.C. Fields in the cockpit drinking a beer in mid-flight, that's got to just be the coolest one yet!

LizzieMaine said:
First off, I'd like to have my own Vintage Media Empire. I'd start off with my own radio station, which would emphasize live local programming -- a full news staff and other air talent, live musical programming, and most of all live drama in the evenings. I'd also furnish it in high thirties style -- think the RCA Building before it went to seed.

Crazy! That's something I dreamed of as a kid - we found out all our little $4 radio shack walkie talkies in my neighborhood broadcasted on the same frequency, so I started taping down the "talk" button and playing "d.j.", we all got into it, some kids even started making up jingles & commercials for fake products, ran across an old cassette of that the other day, how hilarious is that to hear what you sounded like as a kid :)

Well I can bring a turntable & massive 78 collection... (a circa 1950 Gates 16-inch transcription broadcast turntable, a TANK, one of the first to have 3 speeds without manually changing pulleys) - this is the workhorse for MP3'ing 78s including all those I've posted here on the lounge and sent some folks CDRs of:

temp_gates.jpg

Even had for a few years this 1950 portable semi-pro record cutter which originally at some point came out of a radio station I was told, till I just started getting a bit more realistic and resold it last year:

temp_cutter.jpg

I'm starting into the record collection now, of course saving just a couple hundred or so faves lol (including ALL the Ellingtons!). Now, I'd have to say my dream is just to do well enough in prerequisite courses / interviews / etc to get accepted into a grad school program and get the heck out if I.T. and into healthcare.

Well... and maybe to have one of those genuine RCA studio "on air" signs to plug into the same power strip that supplies my current low-power (house-wide) AM broadcaster, equalizer, and MP3 player setup - about as close as I'll ever get to being a DJ!
temp_onair.jpg

Scripted a sequencer for a mix of 30s-40s swing 78s, cycling through different vintage-y radio jingles once every :30, and throws in the occasional live Dorsey or Goodman "Camel Caravan" spot, or radio show... kinda fun to listen to through the night in the background, even had one neighbor last year who enjoyed swing and would listen in! listenership of 2... ah well, just had to say, cool idea.

W.C.A.T. signing off, Swing High
- Cousin Hepcat

Mojave Jack

One Too Many

Caledonia

Practically Family
One of those vintage forest things where we haven't been, and I'd make sure we never were, except for me of course because I'd need to be in there to monitor all the wildlife, and get eaten. Oh, and I'd really, really like before I was lunch, tickets to the first performance of Dorian Grey, with Oscar Wilde in it. Obviously that would need to be a matinee while I tried to postpone being lunch till dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy