Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hypoxic

One of the Regulars
Took the day off to do some stealthly Christmas shopping. Wearing my personally Navy issued Cooper Sportswear G-1. Probably something I can't get away with State-side, one of the things I love about France. People ask me where I bought it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Bolero

A-List Customer
With a "feels like" temp of 21 degrees this morning, my B-15-like Israeli Defense Force officer's jacket was the right answer. Lightweight, but VERY warm.

Had the MA-1 Flight Jacket as standard USAF issue back in the 1960's, grew way out of it as time went on...

Here are my 2 everyday beaters, a Peruzzi black leather Casual and a Wilson Pelle Studio Formal in black also....

23343366910_3bf856e4d5_z.jpg

23649066420_1d7817a92a_z.jpg

30720969283_7fac9e2337_z.jpg

Edward

Bartender
With a "feels like" temp of 21 degrees this morning, my B-15-like Israeli Defense Force officer's jacket was the right answer. Lightweight, but VERY warm.

Interesting. I had heard thry used the MA1, but not seen their b15alike before. It's a nice looking jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. I see you are just a next door to me, statewise. How does the leather compare between the midwestern and northwestern jackets? I assume they are mule deer out there and whitetail from the midwest. Or do they raise deer in the northwest? Or buy the leather from New Zealand?

It does look like you have quite a collection of leather behind you there. Impressive.

Michael

There is just a bit different take in style. I like your Mid-west Jacket. The seem to have a pretty standard look. Your jacket is different. I'm going to do a post on my Deerskin while I've got a few in the house. They can certainly be bought reasonab

Last edited:

A-1

One Too Many
I bought this yesterday at Target for $15...
I like that it's based on a M-1950 instead of the M-65. I prefer this style collar, and the buttons.
I made some modifications: re-dyed it & removed the odd chinstrap piece.
View attachment 62205

Yeah, great! I like to re-dye stuff, too. And it almost looks like a ten-c jacket. Not the same price category though.
BTW I'm wearing the DD Buco J-21. No pics needed, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran