Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
This is the Fitzrovia:
fitzrovia1_330243.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
It's been coat weather here lately,
P1220854 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But it's slightly warmer and this one is slightly shorter, so I'm saying jacket.
P1220870 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Pile lined corduroy that at one point in time was a Kmart blue light special.
P1220869 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Full belt and I think something of a nod toward Norfolk styling.
P1220876 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Made in Japan. Remember when the cheap stuff was made in Japan? Probably too young.
1-7-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good weekend planned?

Michael

A-1

One Too Many
But it's slightly warmer and this one is slightly shorter, so I'm saying jacket.
Made in Japan. Remember when the cheap stuff was made in Japan? Probably too young.

Michael

This is so friggin' cool! I hope you could solve the case!

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful! Thanks! Is this an all Old Town outfit? It's really beautiful!

- www.zekimin.com -
All of those items are Old Town. I have quite a few items now: several complete suits, many individual jackets, waistcoats, hats, trousers, and ties. I have a couple of Fitzrovia jackets - it's a slimmer fit so I tend to go up a size for this one.

I've started getting some "practical" jackets of late. Vintage, less expensive jackets made from cloth of various sorts. Nothing that would really be of interest here, just things I can use more often then the heavier leather stuff which I can't wear all the time here.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Scott, I understand what you are saying. My cold weather coat for the past several seasons had primarily been my Teamster layered underneath with a Filson moleskin or Mackinaw vest. This season I have found myself wearing a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser layered underneath with a Filson Mackinaw vest. Yesterday I could have even used a Filson Double Mackinaw Cruiser with a dusting of snow and wind chill in the single digits. However, next week the temps are supposed to be in the mid 70's. If you hate N central Texas weather, just wait a day or two and it will change. o_O Anyhow, the Filson outerwear is significantly lighter weight than the heavy FQHH coat and warmer to boot.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've started getting some "practical" jackets of late. Vintage, less expensive jackets made from cloth of various sorts. Nothing that would really be of interest here, just things I can use more often then the heavier leather stuff which I can't wear all the time here.
Don't be so sure about that, I have begun branching out in my jacket interests as well lately. Partly due to the ever changing kaleidoscope of wool jackets and outerwear posted by Michael A. I find myself looking at vintage Filson, Woolrich, and Pendleton woolens. Since I am now accustomed to leather jacket prices, they seem downright cheap by comparison!

A-1

One Too Many

I think it might be very interesting!

- www.zekimin.com -

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There is totally a place for the more practical jackets. Less pressure, more abundant, and in a way more exciting. I hate to mention Goodwill, but my girlfriend and I go there every few weeks. And I'm admiring the women's clothes, as they actually have some interesting and colorful designs from just about every era, with a lot of wools, etc. Tmi.

There is totally a place for the more practical jackets. Less pressure, more abundant, and in a way more exciting. I hate to mention Goodwill, but my girlfriend and I go there every few weeks. And I'm admiring the women's clothes, as they actually have some interesting and colorful designs from just about every era, with a lot of wools, etc. Tmi.
Good Will is a good place - to give to and to find things. Whats nice about these "lesser" pieces is that when I'm over them, I will just donate them. We currently have regular pickups for the Vietnam Vets charity. I was a bit put off when I went to the local Good Will drop-off and saw workers picking through the stuff as it came in. That made me feel less positive about donating - but I'd wager it happens in most of these places. I look locally for "drives" every year as they seem to be a better funnel to people in need. I reckon that this hobby should be of benefit beyond me filling my closet.

Michael
Oh man that cord coat is siiiiick. I love it!! You wear it to the T. Really nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24